Led by Margaret Wehrenberg, PsyD
This is a 6 hour On Demand Webinar. Access information, resources and CEU information will be sent to you shortly after registration and registrants will be given unlimited access to the recording for a full year.
This webinar was broadcasted live on Thursday, November 18, and Friday, November 19, 2021
The clinician’s challenge is to discern the co-morbidity since symptom presentations can be similar in both anxiety and depression. Further complicating matters is the fact that depression can lower energy to complete treatment recommendations and block effective starts in treatment.
Dr. Margaret Wehrenberg will use her clinical experience and foundation in neurobiological causes of anxiety and depression to identify different client presentations. These seven types of combined anxiety and depression presentations are:
- The Low Energy Client whose anxiety interferes with depression.
- The Hopeless Ruminator, whose depression makes it too difficult to energize.
- The Panicky and Depressed person who needs to take charge of anxiety.
- The Worried and Exhausted client who must address burnout.
- The Quiet Avoider whose social anxiety promotes isolation and depression.
- The High Energy Anxious and Depressed client whose energy masks depression.
- The High Anxiety client who can use anxious energy for depression recovery.
Through interactive activities and lecture, you’ll learn how to immediately use methods to enable your clients to thrive in recovery.
By the end of this training, attendees will be better able to —
- Utilize assessment tools to clarify symptoms to effectively diagnosis co-morbidity of anxiety and depression that will set the stage to ‘jump-start’ psychotherapy.
- Communicate the efficacy of psychotherapy for positive brain change to improve clients compliance with treatment methods
- Apply appraisal of temperament, locus of control, introversion/extraversion as well as DSM-V symptom evaluation to clients’ presentations of symptoms.
- Establish treatment protocols for 7 types of co-occurring anxiety plus depression
- Promote faster improvement in symptoms for Low Energy Clients by addressing cognitions
- Increase the mental and physical energy of the Hopeless Ruminator
- Apply panic management protocols that will also relieve depressive symptoms
- Utilize protocols for burnout that promote recovery from anxiety and depression
- Recruit executive functions to positively challenge ruminative thinking
- Utilize the ‘3 C’s’ to enhance social success for the Quiet Avoider
- Recognize and resolve the impact of trauma on High Energy Anxious and Depressed clients
- Access and utilize the energy of the High Anxiety client to get quick remission of depression
Margaret Wehrenberg, Psy.D., is a licensed clinical psychologist. She has authored 8 books on anxiety and depression treatment, including her best-selling The 10 Best-Ever Anxiety Management Techniques.
In addition to being an expert on anxiety and depression treatment, Margaret has extensive expertise in the neurobiology of psychological disorders. She coaches business professionals on managing anxiety and contributes articles for The Psychotherapy Networker magazine and blogs on depression for Psychology Today. Margaret has also produced audio soundtracks for breathing, muscle relaxation and imagery, which are available on her website: https://www.margaretwehrenberg.com/
This training offers 6 hours of direct contact (not counting breaks or lunch). It is the participant’s responsibility to check with their individual state boards/regulatory body to verify CE requirements for their license to practice.
For Live Broadcast Attendees
Webinar attendance by participants is automatically tracked, documented and archived for future reference. Upon confirming you have attended 100% of the webinar and upon completion of a course evaluation, you will be issued a certificate of participation (see below).
For Attendees of On Demand/Recorded Version
If you cannot verify 100% attendance of the Live Broadcast or if you are watching the On Demand/recorded version of this webinar, you will need to complete a Post-Webinar Quiz with a pass of at least 80% in order to verify your attendance.
For US Participants
- Instructions on how obtaining your Certificate of Attendance will be distributed either upon completion of the Live Broadcast or after participants pass the Post-Webinar Quiz following the On Demand recorded version of the webinar.
For more general info about CEs for US Participants, please click here.
For Canadian and International participants
Upon fulfillment of the above requirements, Canadian and international participants will be issued a Certificate of Participation which features:
- Name of Participant
- Title of Training
- Name of Presenter plus their credentials
- Number of hours of training
- Date of training
- Confirmation that you have passed a quiz with at least 80% grade to verify your attendance
Please check carefully with your regulating body/organization that this certificate is sufficient proof for you to claim CEUs.
For general information about Continuing Education for Canadians and International participants, please click here.
This training is aimed at all mental health professionals including:
- social workers
- medical professionals supporting mental health patients
- mental health counsellors
- marriage and family therapists and counsellors
- occupational therapists
- vocational rehabilitation therapists
- addiction counsellors
- religious counsellors
- case managers
- art therapists
- licensed professional counsellors
- all other professionals who would like to develop, update or expand their skills and knowledge in mental health practices
|Webinar Rate||CAD $239.00/USD $190|
All pricing is in CAD$. The USD$ equivalent is about 30% less than CAD$, click here to estimate webinar rate before taxes in your local currency.