Webinar Rate – $132.00
Dedicated Learner Webinar Rate – $112.20*
*Dedicated Learners pay $22/month and automatically save 15% on all webinars PLUS have access to all Q&A sessions free. To learn more about becoming a Dedicated Learner, click here
This is an On Demand Webinar. Access information, resources and CEU information will be sent to you shortly after registration.
What can modern counselors, therapists and others learn from Aboriginal healing traditions?
In this 3-hour webinar, Order of Ontario recipient Elder Little Brown Bear will share practices developed thousands of years ago. These practices are still used today to help people on their healing journeys. They have been shown to be helpful when dealing with life’s difficulties and addressing issues and challenges commonly faced by individuals, families and communities.
You will learn about how these healing practices developed and how to apply them in clinical and non-clinical settings.
The Elder will discuss step-by-step the mindset and processes behind specific interventions such as teachings on human interactions and behaviours towards others, the Medicine Wheel, the Seven Grandfathers and the use of traditional medicines. These valued teachings continue to be effective in treating difficulties such as trauma, addictions, mental well-being (health) loneliness, depression, building healthy relationships and anxiety in clinical and non-clinical settings.
This workshop will benefit and inspire therapists/counselors working with any population.
You will learn –
- How Aboriginal healing practices were developed and their relevance today
- About current approaches to trauma, addictions and mental-wellbeing (health)
- Practical applications of these aboriginal processes that can be integrated into your therapeutic and counselling approach.
- About the Seven Grandfathers teachings
- How to use the Medicine Wheel to live in harmony and balance to help on a person’s healing journey