Live Broadcast Date: Monday, November 8, 2021
Live Broadcast Time: 1:00 pm to 4:15 pm ET
Convert to your local time here
Live Broadcast Date: Monday, November 15, 2021
Live Broadcast Time: 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm ET
Can’t Attend Live? This webinar and Follow-up Q&A will be recorded and archived. All registrants will be given unlimited access to the recording for a full year after the Live Broadcast date.
Childhood anxiety and stress have skyrocketed as a result of the pandemic. Children grow by experiencing big and sometimes troubling emotions, and lately, a slew of troubling “big emotions” has emerged. Many kids are struggling with how to deal with anxiety and isolation and manage stress. They haven’t been taught ways to cope.
Join Janine Halloran, bestselling author of Coping Skills for Kids Workbook, for this webinar on strategies for dealing with childhood anxiety. Janine will share invaluable tips on how to teach kids safe and healthy coping skills.
Together we’ll explore various coping skills you can teach children who are experiencing anxiety and stress. We’ll go beyond “take a deep breath” and use shapes, body movement, words, and items to teach deep breathing. You’ll be able to understand the positive impact healthy coping skills can have on a child’s academic performance. And you’ll learn how coping skills can affect their ability to connect with others and their ability to maintain friendships.
Be prepared for some experiential learning and movement! We will also try different coping skills for childhood anxiety and stress—including grounding techniques, breathing exercises and body movements.
By the end of this training, attendees will be better able to —
- Describe the positive impact coping skills can have for a child, and be able to use a simple and organized way to introduce coping skills to children
- Identify and practise a variety of strategies to help children experiencing anxiety and stress
- Identify ways to incorporate coping skills into everyday life for children, via peace corners and coping skills toolkits
Follow-Up Q & A Session with Janine Halloran
Join Janine for a Follow-Up Q & A session to:
- Ask questions that have arisen in the week after the webinar
- Share unexpected insights, experiences and challenges that you have encountered as you put some of what you have learnt into practice
Live Follow-Up Q & A Date: Monday, November 15, 2021
Broadcast Time: 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm ET
The Follow-Up Q & A Sessions are designed to help webinar participants further integrate and deepen their understanding and implementation of webinar material. After having had a chance to absorb and reflect on what you learnt in the webinar, you are invited to join the speaker in an hour-long Q & A session to ask questions, share your experiences in implementing some of the ideas explored in the webinar and discuss challenges and unexpected insights that may have arisen.
Follow-Up Q & A Fee for Guests and Community Learners at time of registration: CAD$16
Follow-Up Q & A Fee for Guests and Community Learners AFTER: CAD$30
Subscribers of the Leading Edge Seminars Advantage Network are automatically registered at no charge.
Please note: CEs are available for the 3-hour webinar only.
Janine Halloran, LMHC, has been working with children, teens, and their families for 20 years. She has helped children and teens build their social and coping skills in schools, mental health clinics, and her private practice.
Janine has spoken both nationally and internationally about childhood anxiety and stress. She regularly shares her expertise as a member of the TODAY Parenting Team. She is also the author of several books, including the bestselling Coping Skills for Kids Workbook.
Janine Halloran’s work has appeared in the Boston Globe, Huffington Post, PyschCentral, and The Skimm Newsletter. She lives in Massachusetts with her husband and two children. For more information, see www.JanineHalloran.com/.
|15 Minute Break|
This training offers 3 hours of direct contact (not counting breaks or lunch). It is the participant’s responsibility to check with their individual state boards/regulatory body to verify CE requirements for their license to practice.
For Live Broadcast Attendees
Webinar attendance by participants is automatically tracked, documented and archived for future reference. Upon confirming you have attended 100% of the webinar and upon completion of a course evaluation, you will be issued a certificate of participation (see below).
For Attendees of On Demand/Recorded Version
If you cannot verify 100% attendance of the Live Broadcast or if you are watching the On Demand/recorded version of this webinar, you will need to complete a Post-Webinar Quiz with a pass of at least 80% in order to verify your attendance.
For US Participants
- Continuing Education Credit is pending approval through Commonwealth Educational Seminars for these following professions.
- Instructions on how obtaining your Certificate of Attendance will be distributed either upon completion of the Live Broadcast or after participants pass the Post-Webinar Quiz following the On Demand recorded version of the webinar.
For more general info about CEs for US Participants, please click here.
For Canadian and International participants
Upon fulfillment of the above requirements, Canadian and international participants will be issued a Certificate of Participation which features:
- Name of Participant
- Title of Training
- Name of Presenter plus their credentials
- Number of hours of training
- Date of training
- Confirmation that you have passed a quiz with at least 80% grade to verify your attendance
Please check carefully with your regulating body/organization that this certificate is sufficient proof for you to claim CEUs.
For general information about Continuing Education for Canadians and International participants, please click here.
This training is aimed at all mental health professionals including:
- social workers
- medical professionals supporting mental health patients
- mental health counsellors
- marriage and family therapists and counsellors
- occupational therapists
- vocational rehabilitation therapists
- addiction counsellors
- religious counsellors
- case managers
- art therapists
- licensed professional counsellors
- all other professionals who would like to develop, update or expand their skills and knowledge in mental health practices
|Webinar Rate||CAD$132.00 / USD$105.00|
|Webinar + Follow-up Q&A Rate||CAD $148.00 / USD$118.00|
|Dedicated Learner Rate||CAD$112.20 / USD$89.00|
|Whole Enchilada Rate||Included|
*Dedicated Learners pay $10/month and automatically save 15% PLUS have access to all Follow-up Q&A sessions free. Click here to become a Dedicated Learner.
All pricing is in CAD$. The USD$ equivalent is about 30% less than CAD$, click here to estimate webinar rate before taxes in your local currency.