Guest and Community Learner Webinar Rate – $492.00 for this webinar
Dedicated Learner Webinar Rate – $418.20* for this webinar
*Dedicated Learners pay $22/month and automatically save 15% on all webinars PLUS have access to all Q&A sessions free. To learn more about becoming a Dedicated Learner, click here
This is an On Demand Webinar. Once you are registered, you will receive access immediately.
Internal Family Systems (IFS) is one of the most popular and effective evidence-based treatment techniques in use today. Hailed by trauma-expert Bessel van der Kolk as the treatment method that “all clinicians should know”, IFS is one of the fastest-growing approaches among experienced therapists.
Most modes of psychotherapy pathologize activated states or “parts” such as rage, panic, shame and suicidal desperation. IFS does not. In IFS, every part has a positive intention, every part has value and every person has innate healing capacity called Self energy.
Thousands of clinicians already trust IFS as their go-to treatment tool to effectively heal emotional wounds so they can make greater therapeutic progress with clients struggling with anxiety, depression, trauma, addiction and other mental health conditions.
This 2-day workshop is your opportunity to learn the IFS method step-by-step.
During Day 1, IFS expert, author, clinician and psychiatrist Frank Anderson will teach you the IFS steps that he has learned to hone his clinical work – and that have produced such transformation in his clients. He will clearly present all the tools and techniques in an easy-to-learn fashion.
Day 2 will focus on exploring several different applications of the IFS model of therapy ,including trauma and attachment, depression, anxiety, psychosis, addictions, eating disorders and shame. You will learn how to apply IFS when working with groups, children, parents, couples, and LGBTQ clients. This is an experiential workshop that includes didactic lecture, video examples, practice, live demonstrations and meditations.
Frank Anderson is one of the most respected and internationally known IFS lead trainers available. You will leave this seminar confident in starting to incorporate IFS into your clinical practice.
You will learn—
- How to work with a client’s “protective parts” to improve treatment outcomes as proposed by the IFS model
- To differentiate between empathy and compassion as it relates to the IFS approach and improving the therapeutic process
- How to address the “protector” fears as they arise for the client during the therapy session
- About IFS methods to help trauma clients manage their overwhelming feelings
- How to explain to clients the neuroscience of hyperarousal in their “extreme parts”
- How the role of criticism and neglect from caregivers causes shame cycles in your clients and how parts-work breaks these cycles
- About the “triggering agreement” intervention when helping clients resolve parenting issues that arise for them
- What “tracking the sequence” means as it applies to couples’ treatment
- To recognize how to modify and apply the IFS model in an inpatient setting
- How to identify the parts of self within the Internal System that are associated with substance use disorders
- How to assess countertransference, including recognition of potential activation of therapist’s own reactive parts
How does IFS approach symptoms and diagnoses?
Clinical Pearls with Frank Anderson