Led by Raja Selvam, PhD
This is a 6 hour On Demand Webinar. Access information, resources and CEU information will be available immediately after successful registration and registrants will be given unlimited access to the recording for a full year.
This webinar was broadcasted live on Wednesday, June 14, and Thursday, June 15, 2023
Already registered for this workshop?
Join us for an immersive webinar that introduces the transformative practice of embodying emotions from Integral Somatic Psychology (ISP). This cutting-edge approach, backed by scientific research, revolutionizes therapeutic outcomes across various domains, including physical, energetic, cognitive, emotional, behavioural, relational, and spiritual realms.
Led by renowned expert Dr. Raja Selvam, PhD, this course offers a unique opportunity to delve into the science, methods, and practical application of embodying emotions.
Dr. Selvam will provide a comprehensive overview of the embodying emotions approach, presenting its scientific foundations and sharing two step-by-step methods for immediate implementation in any therapeutic setting. Engaging videos of clinical demonstration sessions will bring the concepts to life, offering valuable insights and inspiration.
By the end of this workshop, participants will not only understand the theory and evidence behind embodying emotions, but also be equipped with practical skills to enhance their clinical practice. Attendees will gain proficiency in implementing the 4-step process of embodying emotions to address diverse clinical goals. Additionally, they will learn a simple yet powerful 7-step protocol that is particularly effective in working with clients grappling with complex traumas and psychosomatic symptoms.
Don’t miss this opportunity to elevate your therapeutic approach and expand your toolkit with the state-of-the-art practice of embodying emotions. Discover its eight diverse clinical benefits, explore the evidence base, and unlock new possibilities for profound healing and transformation.
Join us and embark on a journey toward enhancing somatic, energetic, cognitive, emotional, behavioural, relational, and spiritual outcomes in all therapeutic modalities, including existing body psychotherapy systems.
Upon completion of this course, attendees will have learned to:
- Describe the approach of embodying emotions and list its eight diverse clinical benefits
- Investigate the evidence base of embodying emotions
- Implement the four steps of embodying emotions in clinical practice to meet diverse clinical goals
- Implement the practice of embodying emotions in a simple seven-step protocol, of particular value in working with clients with complex traumas and psychophysiological (psychosomatic) symptoms
- Identify the three important determinants of affect tolerance in clients
- List the three categories of emotions with examples from each category
- Implement the three strategies for working with the face-and-throat physiology in the practice of embodying emotions
- Implement somatic strategies for working with existential themes (existential terror, fragmentation, rage, and shame) often encountered in working with severe traumatic experiences
Dr. Raja Selvam, PhD, a licensed clinical psychologist from the US, is the developer of Integral Somatic Psychology (ISP) of which the practice of embodying emotions is the core clinical strategy. Dr. Selvam is also a senior trainer in Dr. Peter Levine’s Somatic Experiencing (SE) Professional Trauma Training Program. He has taught for twenty-five years in nearly as many countries in North and South Americas, Europe, Asia, Australia, the Middle East, and the Far East. His successful 2022 book The Practice of Embodying Emotions: A Method for Improving Cognitive, Emotional, and Behavioral Outcomes, available in English and German, is currently being translated into eight additional languages.
Part 1 (There will be a 15 minute break)
Part 2 (There will be a 15 minute break)
This training offers 6 hours of direct contact (not counting breaks or lunch). It is the participant’s responsibility to check with their individual state boards/regulatory body to verify CE requirements for their license to practice.
Webinar attendance by participants who are watching the on-demand/recorded version of this webinar, you will need to complete a Post-Webinar Quiz with a pass of at least 80% in order to verify your attendance.
For US Participants
- Instructions on how to obtain your Certificate of Attendance will be distributed either upon completion of the Live Broadcast or after participants pass the Post-Webinar Quiz following the On-Demand/Recorded version of the webinar.
For Canadian and International Participants
Upon fulfillment of the above requirements, Canadian and international participants will be issued a Certificate of Participation that includes:
- Name of Participant
- Title of Training
- Name of Presenter plus their credentials
- Number of hours of training
- Date of training
- Confirmation that you have passed a quiz with at least an 80% grade to verify your attendance
Please check carefully with your regulating body/organization that this certificate is sufficient proof for you to claim CEUs.
This training is aimed at all mental health professionals, including:
- Marriage and Family Therapists
- Clinical and Counselling Psychologists
- Psychiatric Social Workers
- Pastoral Counsellors
- Nurse Practitioners
- Occupational Therapists
- Graduate Students in accredited programs in the above fields
- case managers
- licensed professional counsellors
- all other professionals who would like to develop, update or expand their skills and knowledge in mental health practices