Described as an “indispensable modality of treatment” by Bessel van der Kolk, Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) offers your clients a way to safely process traumatic experiences.
Roy Kiessling’s EMDR course is renowned for its flexibility and for providing clinical pearls of wisdom that will allow you to integrate EMDR effectively into your practice immediately. With an emphasis on attunement, attachment, and clinical judgement, this EMDRIA-approved five-day intensive will provide the essentials for implementing EMDR, including an overview on how to customize treatments for children, recent events, couples, grief, pain, phobias, addictions, and dissociation.
Drawing a sharp distinction from research-oriented approaches to EMDR training, Roy focuses on the interpersonal aspects of EMDR work. You will undergo a multimedia learning experience designed to optimize skill acquisition. Through lecture, videos, and practice opportunities, you will first hear, then see, and then implement new concepts and skills.
This training updates the original procedures developed by Francine Shapiro in 1995 by expanding treatment planning, preparation, and processing interventions. Supplemented with over 43 videos, downloadable training materials, and free access to a community-wide listserv, it also provides support before, during, and after the course, so that you will be confident every step of the way in your implementation of EMDR.
Hear what Bessel van der Kolk has to say about EMDR
You will learn —
- About foundational EMDR concepts and procedures (the Adaptive Information Processing approach, the 8 phases and 3 prongs of standard EMDR treatment)
- About 13 interventions to help prepare your clients for EMDR (through grounding, stabilization, and behavioural change)
- Strategies to prepare your client for processing
- About 7 treatment planning approaches
- How to customize the pace of treatment through deploying the Processing Continuum
- About interventions to facilitate safe, effective, and efficient processing
- How to work with children
- How to treat acute stress: CIIC (Critical Incident Intervention Continuum)
$2500 register up to July 31, 2019;
$2600 register after July 31, 2019
(payment plans available)
INCLUDED IN THE TRAINING:
- Along with the 40 hour lecture/practicum portion of the training provided during your week with Roy, you will receive 10 hours of consultation from Approved Consultants via small-group phone/online video conferencing, to help you integrate and fine-tune your learning experience.
- Advanced training materials upon registration include a PDF of the manual and links to videos of the training to help prepare you for the workshop
- Your payment includes morning treats, great snacks, coffee and tea throughout the day and a group dinner at a local restaurant on the Thursday night
In order to take part in this training, all participants must have —
- Education: either a completed masters degree or higher in an established mental health discipline or with proof of current enrollment in a post-graduate program leading to a masters degree or higher in a established mental health discipline
- Membership in a Professional Regulatory Body
- Professional Liability Insurance
To apply for registration, please download and Complete this form and email it to angela(at)leadingedgeseminars(dot)org
Have you previously taken and EMDR training and need a refresher course?
A limited number of spaces is available for participants with previous EMDR training and who need a refresher course. The refresher fee will be CAN$1,500.00 up to July 31, 2019, CAN$1,600.00 after July 31, 2019. The Refresher Fee package includes advance training materials and 40 hours of lecture/practicum but does not include the 10 hours of consultation
To apply for an EMDR “refresher” place in Roy’s training, please send a scan of proof of completion of previous EMDR training to angela(at)leadingedgeseminars(dot)org