Hear what Bessel van der Kolk has to say about EMDR
Described as an “indispensable modality of treatment” by Bessel van der Kolk, Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) offers your clients a way to safely process traumatic experiences.
Roy Kiessling’s EMDR course is renowned for its flexibility and for providing clinical pearls of wisdom that will allow you to integrate EMDR effectively into your practice immediately. With an emphasis on attunement, attachment and clinical judgement, this EMDRIA-approved five-day intensive will provide the essentials for implementing EMDR, including an overview on how to customize treatments for children, recent events, couples, grief, pain, phobias, addictions and dissociation.
Drawing a sharp distinction from research-oriented approaches to EMDR training, Roy focuses on the interpersonal aspects of EMDR work. You will undergo a multimedia learning experience designed to optimize skill acquisition. Through lecture, videos, and practice opportunities, you will first listen, then observe and then implement new concepts and skills.
This training updates the original procedures developed by Francine Shapiro in 1995 by expanding treatment planning, preparation and processing interventions. Supplemented with over 43 videos, downloadable training materials and free access to a community-wide listserv, it also provides support before, during and after the course, so that you will be confident every step of the way as you implement EMDR in your clinical practice.
TRAINING MATERIALS INCLUDED:
- Along with the 40 hours lecture/practicum portion of the training provided during your week with Roy, you will also receive 10 hours of consultation after the training with approved consultants via small-group phone/online video conferencing, to help you integrate and fine-tune your understanding and skills
- Advanced instructional materials upon registration including a pdf of the manual and links to videos to help prepare you for the workshop
Click here for complete Agenda of the Week
Have questions about Roy Kiessling’s EMDR training? He may have already answered them! Click here to see what he has to say!
You will learn —
- The foundational EMDR concepts and procedures (the Adaptive Information Processing approach, the 8 phases and 3 prongs of standard EMDR treatment)
- 13 interventions to help prepare your clients for EMDR (through grounding, stabilization and behavioural change)
- Strategies to prepare your client for processing
- 7 treatment planning approaches
- How to customize the pace of treatment through deploying the Processing Continuum
- About interventions to facilitate safe, effective and efficient processing
- How to work with children
- How to treat acute stress: CIIC (Critical Incident Intervention Continuum)
EarlyBird Deadlines for Toronto and Vancouver: August 21, 2020
Rate for regular workshop participants before EarlyBird: $2,500*
Rate for refresher course participants: $1,500 (note: 10-hours post-training consultation sessions are NOT included in refresher course rate. If you would like to participate in the 10-hours consultation sessions, please add $335)*
Rate for Students (contact email@example.com for eligibility and required documentation): $1,500 plus $100 for 10 hours consultation*
*After EarlyBird deadline, add $100 to all fees.
Payment by monthly installments is available at no extra charge. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to set this up.
Our standard schedule before the EarlyBird deadline is as follows:
Upon registration: $1,000 + (12% sales tax) = $1,120.00
2nd payment (on the 1s of the month following the deposit) $750 + sales tax = $840.00
3rd payment (on the 1st of the month following the 2nd payment): $840.00
(Note: if the above schedule does not work, we are also happy to accommodate smaller payments across a longer period of time as long as the full amount is cleared by the end of 2020)
In order to take part in this training, all participants must have —
- Academic credentials: either a completed master’s degree or higher in an established mental health discipline or proof of current enrollment in a post-graduate program leading to a master’s degree or higher in an established mental health discipline
- Membership in a College or professional regulatory body that oversees practice of psychotherapy. Click here to download a list of designations and regulatory bodies recognized by EMDR Canada.
- Professional liability insurance
REFRESHER COURSE PARTICIPANTS
Have you previously taken an EMDR training but would like a refresher course to boost your skills and confidence?
A limited number of spaces are available for participants who have completed previous EMDR training and need a refresher course. The refresher fee will be $1,500 before the EarlyBird deadline and $1,600 after. The Refresher Fee rate includes advance training materials and 40 hours of lecture/practicum but does not include the 10 hours of consultation. If you would like to receive 10 hours of consultation to support your EMDR practice after the training, there is an additional fee of $375.
To apply for an EMDR refresher place in Roy’s training, please send a scan of proof of completion of previous EMDR training to email@example.com.