This is an On Demand Webinar. Access information, resources and CEU information will be sent to you shortly after registration and registrants will be given unlimited access to the recording for a full year
As therapists and frontline healthcare professionals around the world continue to meet the challenges of living under pandemic conditions and assisting their patients and clients, they are increasingly at risk of experiencing secondary trauma, moral distress and empathic strain.
Repeated and chronic exposure to large volumes of difficult stories can erode our sense of empathy for others. We can become hardened and desensitized to suffering – or conversely, we can become swallowed up by their pain. With the added pressure of the current pandemic, limited resources, and “red tape”, our ability to remain grounded and compassionate is being tested as never before.
This webinar explores the concept of exquisite empathy and provides evidence-informed tools to help professionals rapidly return to a healthy baseline during times of crisis.
By the end of this training, attendees will be better able to —
- Explain the difference between empathic strain, burnout, secondary trauma and moral distress
- Identify “Exquisite Empathy”, the point between caring too much and not caring at all
- Demonstrate how to manage moral distress in times of crisis
- Assess functional impairment in ourselves
- Identify protective factors that enhance provider resilience
- Explain how COVID-19 is an amplifying risk factor
- Identify warning signs at home and at work
Françoise Mathieu, MEd, RP, CCC Françoise is the executive director of TEND, whose aim is to offer consulting and training to professionals on topics related to secondary trauma, compassion fatigue/empathic strain, burnout, self-care, wellness and organizational health. Françoise is a Registered Psychotherapist and a subject matter expert on topics related to compassion fatigue and secondary trauma. Her experience stems from over 20+ years as a mental health professional, working as a crisis counsellor and trauma specialist in university counselling, military, law enforcement and other community mental health environments. Since 2001, Françoise has given hundreds of seminars on compassion fatigue and secondary trauma across North America to thousands of professionals in the fields of health care, mental health, law enforcement, the criminal justice system, military, human trafficking, child welfare and other similar high-stress, trauma-exposed professions. She has presented to members of St Jude’s Children’s Hospital in Memphis, the LAPD, Mount Sinai Hospital, The Chief Coroner’s Office of Ontario, and many other agencies who do high stress trauma exposed work. Françoise is one of the founding members of the Secondary Traumatic Stress Consortium. Françoise is the author of The Compassion Fatigue Workbook as well as several articles and publications.
|15 Minute Break|
This training offers 3 hours of direct contact (not counting breaks or lunch). It is the participant’s responsibility to check with their individual state boards/regulatory body to verify CE requirements for their license to practice.
For Live Broadcast Attendees
Webinar attendance by participants is automatically tracked, documented and archived for future reference. Upon confirming you have attended 100% of the webinar and upon completion of a course evaluation, you will be issued a certificate of participation (see below).
For Attendees of On Demand/Recorded Version
If you cannot verify 100% attendance of the Live Broadcast or if you are watching the On Demand/recorded version of this webinar, you will need to complete a Post-Webinar Quiz with a pass of at least 80% in order to verify your attendance.
For US and International Participants
For US Participants
- Continuing Education Credit has been approved through Commonwealth Educational Seminars for these following professions.
- Instructions on how obtaining your Certificate of Attendance will be distributed upon completion of the Live Broadcast or after participants pass the Post-Webinar Quiz following the On Demand recorded version of the webinar.
For more general info about CEs for US Participants, please click here.
For Canadian and International Participants
Upon fulfillment of the above requirements, Canadian participants will be issued a Certificate of Participation which features:
- Name of Participant
- Title of Training
- Name of Presenter plus their credentials
- Number of hours of training
- Date of training
- Confirmation that you have passed a quiz with at least 80% grade to verify your attendance
Please check carefully with your regulating body/organization that this certificate is sufficient proof for you to claim CEUs.
For general information about Continuing Education for Canadians and International participants, please click here.
This training is aimed at all mental health professionals including:
- social workers
- medical professionals supporting mental health patients
- mental health counsellors
- marriage and family therapists and counsellors
- occupational therapists
- vocational rehabilitation therapists
- addiction counsellors
- religious counsellors
- case managers
- art therapists
- licensed professional counsellors
- all other professionals who would like to develop, update or expand their skills and knowledge in mental health practices
|Dedicated Learner Rate*||$112.20*|
|Whole Enchilada Rate||Included|