Live Broadcast Date(s) and Time(s)*:
Thursday, November 30, 2023 • 1:00 pm – 4:15 pm ET
Live Broadcast Date(s) and Time(s)*:
*Can’t attend live? This webinar will be recorded and archived. All registrants receive unlimited access to the recording for 365 days.
Anxiety is at an all-time high, personally and collectively, for many of today’s Millennials and Gen Zers, currently aged 11 to 42.
So, what is fueling this surge in anxiety?
Stress, uncertainty, debt… not to mention the widespread use of technology and effects of social media, like the pressures of social comparison and fear of missing out (FOMO).
This course led by Dr. Lauren Cook will show you how to use the “Empowered Acceptance” model to empathetically support Millennials and Gen Zers who are experiencing generation anxiety. The model integrates both individual and systemic interventions to encourage them to behaviourally take action on—rather than avoid—their triggers.
As a therapist, the Empowered Acceptance model provides you with tools to help these clients take personal and collective action when they are feeling overwhelmed. It also shows you how to use self-compassion, reframing, and challenging of perspective to aid clients in welcoming their waves of anxiety.
You will also learn how to help Millennials and Gen Zers identify their cues of burnout and distress, and establish appropriate boundaries.
In addition, you will explore and develop an understanding of the ‘Generational Power Index’ and learn how its findings relate to increasing levels of distress. This new knowledge will enable you to identify how key milestone events in your clients’ lives have contributed to their feelings of anxiety.
- Identify how key generational movements and moments have impacted the experience of anxiety with a specific focus on the experience of Millennial and Gen Z clients.
- Understand the generational differences and why exactly younger adults are more anxious today, especially given that “every generation” has its own unique stressors.
- Learn how the empowered acceptance framework can be used to help clients take personal and collective action when they are feeling overwhelmed by anxiety.
- Differentiate when it is appropriate to do an exposure to face a fear with a client and when it is better to respect the boundary of anxiety.
- Integrate a holistic model of care that goes beyond a Westernized lens to treatment by applying interventions and advocating for healing that is client-centered and culturally respectful.
- Teach clients how to “welcome the waves” of anxiety rather than mentally tread against them. See how using self-compassion, reframing, and challenging of perspective can aid with this process.
- Assist clients in identifying their cues of burnout and distress and in kind, teaching clients how to set appropriate boundaries when they may be engaging in people-pleasing and perfectionism as maladaptive coping mechanisms.
- Support clients in handling and facing their greatest fears, including when those fears come to fruition, and they are grieving as a result.
This training offers 3 hours of direct contact (not counting breaks or lunch). It is the participant’s responsibility to check with their individual state boards/regulatory body to verify CE requirements for their license to practice.
Attendees of the live broadcast will receive instructions on how to obtain their Certificate of Participation after the course is finished.
Attendees of the on-demand recorded version will need to complete a Post-Webinar Quiz with a pass of at least 80% in order to verify attendance and then receive their Certificate of Participation. On-demand attendees will receive instructions on how to obtain their Certificate of Participation once they have successfully passed the Post-Webinar Quiz at the completion of the webinar.
The Certificate of Participation includes:
- Name of participant.
- Title of training.
- Name of presenter plus their credentials.
- Number of hours of training.
- Date of training.
- Confirmation that showed 100% attendance at the live broadcast or passed a quiz with at least an 80% grade to verify attendance of the on-demand recording.
Please check with your regulatory body/organization to ensure that this certificate is sufficient proof for you to claim CE credits.