Live Broadcast Date(s)*:
Thursday, November 30, 2023
Live Broadcast Date(s)*:
*Can’t Attend Live? This webinar will be recorded and archived. All registrants will be given unlimited access to the recording for a full year after the live broadcast date.
This course provides clinicians with a framework and tools to best serve Millennial and Gen Z clients (and their loved ones) who may be struggling with generation anxiety.
Anxiety is at an all-time high—personally and collectively—for many young clients. Clinicians attending this seminar will learn about the “empowered acceptance” model that integrates both individual and systemic interventions to meet the needs of young adults today experiencing generation anxiety. This model also shows practitioners how to empathetically support young clients while encouraging them to behaviourally take action rather than avoid their triggers.
Participants in this seminar will explore and develop an understanding of the Generational Power Index and how its findings relate to increasing levels of distress among teens and young adults. This new knowledge will enable participants to identify how key milestone events in these young individuals’ lives have contributed to their feelings of anxiety. More importantly, participants will learn how they can help young people with anxiety moving forward.
- Identify how key generational movements and moments have impacted the experience of anxiety with a specific focus on the experience of Millennial and Gen Z clients.
- Understand the generational differences and why exactly young adults are more anxious today, especially given that “every generation” has their own unique stressors.
- Learn about the empowered acceptance framework to take personal and collective action when clients are feeling overwhelmed by anxiety.
- Differentiate when it is appropriate to do an exposure to face a fear with a client and when it is better to respect the boundary of anxiety.
- Integrate a holistic model of care that goes beyond a Westernized lens to treatment by applying interventions and advocating for healing that is client-centered and culturally respectful.
- Teach clients how to “welcome the waves” of anxiety rather than mentally tread against them. See how using self-compassion, reframing, and challenging of perspective can aid with this process.
- Assist clients in identifying their cues of burnout and distress and in kind, teaching clients how to set appropriate boundaries when they may be engaging in people-pleasing and perfectionism as maladaptive coping mechanisms.
- Support clients in handling and facing their greatest fears, including when those fears come to fruition, and they are grieving as a result.
This training offers 3 hours of direct contact (not counting breaks or lunch). It is the participant’s responsibility to check with their individual state boards/regulatory body to verify CE requirements for their license to practice.
For Live Broadcast Attendees
Webinar attendance by participants is automatically tracked, documented and archived for future reference. Upon confirming you have attended 100% of the webinar and upon completion of a course evaluation, you will be issued a certificate of participation (see below).
For Attendees of the On-Demand/Recorded Version
If you cannot verify 100% attendance of the Live Broadcast or if you are watching the on-demand/recorded version of this webinar, you will need to complete a Post-Webinar Quiz with a pass of at least 80% in order to verify your attendance.
For US Participants
- Instructions on how to obtain your Certificate of Attendance will be distributed either upon completion of the Live Broadcast or after participants pass the Post-Webinar Quiz following the On-Demand/Recorded version of the webinar.
For Canadian and Non-US International Participants
Upon fulfilment of the above requirements, Canadian and non-US international participants will be issued a Certificate of Participation that includes:
- Name of Participant
- Title of Training
- Name of Presenter plus their credentials
- Number of hours of training
- Date of training
- Confirmation that you have passed a quiz with at least an 80% grade to verify your attendance
Please check carefully with your regulating body/organization that this certificate is sufficient proof for you to claim CEUs.