Led by David Kessler
This is an On Demand Webinar. Access information, resources and CEU information will be sent to you shortly after registration and registrants will be given unlimited access to the recording for a full year.
This webinar was broadcasted live on Tuesday, November 2, 2021
Grief stages are a process we all go through when experiencing loss. Grief is traumatic. It’s awkward. It’s painful. And it’s messy. How often do you walk into a session or patient’s room knowing that your education did not prepare you for this? How often do you miss having the right words, phrases, and tools?
As professionals, we are expected to have the right words at hand, the right actions to recommend, and the right response to guide people through grief stages. Yet many of us feel inadequate due to a lack of emphasis on grief in our training. And since every client we see will experience loss in their life, we need to get better at guiding them through it.
This seminar led by David Kessler is designed to help professionals guide people through life’s worst moments after experiencing loss. The content is based on David’s newest book, Finding Meaning: The Sixth Stage of Grief. All types of loss will be covered, including loss of a loved one due to illness, addiction, mental illness, and suicide. David will also cover loss in the context of a pandemic.
David Kessler — who co-authored two books with Elisabeth Kubler Ross — finally clears up the misunderstandings about the stages of grief. He and Kubler-Ross never intended for grief stages to be used in a linear model. Join us as David shares the insights, collective wisdom, and powerful tools that will help those experiencing loss.
By the end of this training, attendees will be better able to—
- Develop “meaning making” principles to assist clients coping with various types of loss.
- Formulate ways to use meaning to help clients remember with more love than pain.
- Evaluate techniques for using meaning to help clients resolve the internal struggle of “why did this happen?” and “why did this happen to me?”
- Determine why children are often the forgotten grievers and how to help them through their grief.
- Develop strategies that incorporate meaning mechanisms to help clients cope with complicated grieving.
- Utilize strategies to help clients address guilt, shame and stigma associated with grief.
David Kessler is one of the world’s foremost experts on grief stages and loss. He is the author of six books, including the new bestselling book Finding Meaning: The Sixth Stage of Grief. He co-authored two books with Elisabeth Kubler Ross and also co-wrote You Can Heal Your Heart with Louise Hay. His first book, The Needs of The Dying, received praise from Saint (Mother) Teresa.
David’s personal experience as a child witnessing a mass shooting while his mother was dying in a hospital helped him begin his own grief journey. And despite his vast knowledge on grief stages, David’s life was turned upside down by the sudden death of his 21-year-old son. The event inspired him to write his newest book, Finding Meaning.
David Kessler is the founder of www.grief.com which receives over 5 million visits each year from 167 different countries.
|1 hour 30 min|
The Sixth Stage of Grief: Finding Meaning
|15 Minute Break|
|1 hour 30 min|
This training offers 3 hours of direct contact (not counting breaks or lunch). It is the participant’s responsibility to check with their individual state boards/regulatory body to verify CE requirements for their license to practice.
For Live Broadcast Attendees
Webinar attendance by participants is automatically tracked, documented and archived for future reference. Upon confirming you have attended 100% of the webinar and upon completion of a course evaluation, you will be issued a certificate of participation (see below).
For Attendees of On Demand/Recorded Version
If you cannot verify 100% attendance of the Live Broadcast or if you are watching the On Demand/recorded version of this webinar, you will need to complete a Post-Webinar Quiz with a pass of at least 80% in order to verify your attendance.
For US Participants
- Instructions on how obtaining your Certificate of Attendance will be distributed either upon completion of the Live Broadcast or after participants pass the Post-Webinar Quiz following the On Demand recorded version of the webinar.
For more general info about CEs for US Participants, please click here.
For Canadian and International participants
Upon fulfillment of the above requirements, Canadian and international participants will be issued a Certificate of Participation which features:
- Name of Participant
- Title of Training
- Name of Presenter plus their credentials
- Number of hours of training
- Date of training
- Confirmation that you have passed a quiz with at least 80% grade to verify your attendance
Please check carefully with your regulating body/organization that this certificate is sufficient proof for you to claim CEUs.
For general information about Continuing Education for Canadians and International participants, please click here.
This training is aimed at all mental health professionals including:
- social workers
- medical professionals supporting mental health patients
- mental health counsellors
- marriage and family therapists and counsellors
- occupational therapists
- vocational rehabilitation therapists
- addiction counsellors
- religious counsellors
- case managers
- art therapists
- licensed professional counsellors
- all other professionals who would like to develop, update or expand their skills and knowledge in mental health practices
|Webinar Rate||CAD$139.00 / USD$110|
All pricing is in CAD$. The USD$ equivalent is about 30% less than CAD$, click here to estimate webinar rate before taxes in your local currency.