Led by Hilary Jacobs Hendel, LCSW
This On-Demand Webinar is for 3 hours and talks about healing from depression.
Access information, resources, and CEU information will be sent to you shortly after registration, and registrants will be given unlimited access to the recording for a full year.
Depression is a main reason people enter therapy. But what many people don’t realize is that symptoms of depression are a byproduct of underlying suppressed and repressed emotions that have been stuck in the body, the place where emotions live. We don’t get enough education in our formal schooling on how to use emotions as a catalyst for change and healing from depression.
Join Hilary Jacobs Hendel, AEDP psychotherapist and supervisor, psychoanalyst, and international award-winning author of “It’s Not Always Depression: Working the Change Triangle to Listen to the Body, Discover Core Emotions, and Connect to Your Authentic Self” (Random House & Penguin UK) to learn a new model for understanding and working with emotions. Transform your work and yourself in this useful webinar for beginners and experienced all clinicians.
This course will inform you about provide an education in how emotions work in the mind and body. Participants will learn how to use the Change Triangle, a psychoeducational tool and roadmap for creating positive neuroplasticity and brain integration that leads not only to symptom management but actual healing from depression. Using a combination of didactic slides, real-time experiences, and videotaped psychotherapy sessions, participants will come away with new tools to treat depression and other symptoms. Whereas CBT and psychoanalysis are top-down approaches using the left-brain, AEDP is a bottom up, trauma-informed approach using right-brain and left-brain processing to turbocharge healing from depression.
By the end of this training, attendees will be better able to—
- Describe and explain the Change Triangle psychoeducational tool so clients/patients understand why they have symptoms and understand the path to healing and recovery.
- Identify core and inhibitory emotions and the defenses that block them to set the stage for change and transformation and specifically to ameliorate symptoms of depression and anxiety.
- Apply techniques to create relational safety for moment-to-moment work to identify and process suppressed/repressed core emotions/affect.
- Apply techniques to process buried anger and rage.
- Apply techniques to build confidence from the body up
Hilary Jacobs Hendel, LCSW, is the author of the award-winning book on emotions entitled, “It’s Not Always Depression: Working the Change Triangle to Listen to the Body, Discover Core Emotions, and Connect to Your Authentic Self” (Random House & Penguin UK). Hilary is also a certified psychoanalyst and AEDP therapist. As an emotion-educator, Hilary takes the complex world of emotions and makes them easy to understand, with the goal of working for greater peace, calm and confidence. The developer of the Change Triangle tool for emotional health, Hilary has published articles in The New York Times, TIME, NBC, FOX, Oprah, Salon and professional journals. She also consulted on the psychological development of characters on AMC’s Mad Men. Hilary’s blog on emotions, relationships, and trauma is read worldwide. See hilaryjacobshendel.com
|15 Minute Break|
This training offers 3 hours of direct contact (not counting breaks or lunch). It is the participant’s responsibility to check with their individual state boards/regulatory body to verify CE requirements for their license to practice.
For Live Broadcast Attendees
Webinar attendance by participants is automatically tracked, documented and archived for future reference. Upon confirming you have attended 100% of the webinar and upon completion of a course evaluation, you will be issued a certificate of participation (see below).
For Attendees of On Demand/Recorded Version
If you cannot verify 100% attendance of the Live Broadcast or if you are watching the On Demand/recorded version of this webinar, you will need to complete a Post-Webinar Quiz with a pass of at least 80% in order to verify your attendance.
For US Participants
- Continuing Education Credit is pending approval through Commonwealth Educational Seminars for these following professions.
- Instructions on how obtaining your Certificate of Attendance will be distributed either upon completion of the Live Broadcast or after participants pass the Post-Webinar Quiz following the On Demand recorded version of the webinar.
For more general info about CEs for US Participants, please click here.
For Canadian and International participants
Upon fulfillment of the above requirements, Canadian and international participants will be issued a Certificate of Participation which features:
- Name of Participant
- Title of Training
- Name of Presenter plus their credentials
- Number of hours of training
- Date of training
- Confirmation that you have passed a quiz with at least 80% grade to verify your attendance
Please check carefully with your regulating body/organization that this certificate is sufficient proof for you to claim CEUs.
For general information about Continuing Education for Canadians and International participants, please click here.
This training is aimed at all mental health professionals including:
- social workers
- medical professionals supporting mental health patients
- mental health counsellors
- marriage and family therapists and counsellors
- occupational therapists
- vocational rehabilitation therapists
- addiction counsellors
- religious counsellors
- case managers
- art therapists
- licensed professional counsellors
- all other professionals who would like to develop, update or expand their skills and knowledge in mental health practices
|Dedicated Learner Rate||$112.20|
|Whole Enchilada Rate||Included|
*Dedicated Learners pay $22/month and automatically save 15% PLUS have access to all Q&A sessions free. To become a Dedicated Learner, click here