This On-Demand Webinar is for 3 hours and talks about Using IFS for Disordered Eating. Access information, resources, and CEU information will be sent to you shortly after registration and registrants will be given unlimited access to the recording for a full year.
We are a culture preoccupied with dieting and wellness. We’re also devoted to the pursuit of unrealistic ideals of how we should look and function. Confusion and shame about our weight, size, and health are rooted in cultural burdens that can make us lose touch with our innate wisdom about what our bodies need.
This has been particularly evident during the pandemic, where messages about food and bodies have often been extreme or conflicting. The Internal Family Systems model offers an alternative to the endless quest for the “right” diet and exercise plan. The model offers a way to help clients reconnect with their core wisdom, the Self, so we can help them heal the many cultural and familial burdens that shape their relationships with food and their bodies. This workshop will include an overview of the IFS model that will serve as a foundation for beginning students and a refresher for more advanced learners.
By the end of this training, attendees will be better able to —
- Explain how IFS is used to help clients identify parts that hold their extreme beliefs about food and the bod
- Describe how IFS is used to help clients release painful and constraining beliefs about food and the body
- Identify the ways in which therapists’ personal burdens impact their assessment and treatment of clients
|15 Minute Break
This training offers 3 hours of direct contact (not counting breaks or lunch). It is the participant’s responsibility to check with their individual state boards/regulatory body to verify CE requirements for their license to practice.
For Live Broadcast Attendees
Webinar attendance by participants is automatically tracked, documented and archived for future reference. Upon confirming you have attended 100% of the webinar and upon completion of a course evaluation, you will be issued a certificate of participation (see below).
For Attendees of On Demand/Recorded Version
If you cannot verify 100% attendance of the Live Broadcast or if you are watching the On Demand/recorded version of this webinar, you will need to complete a Post-Webinar Quiz with a pass of at least 80% in order to verify your attendance.
For US Participants
Instructions on how to obtain your Certificate of Attendance showing the hours completed will be distributed either following the Live Broadcast or with On-Demand registration (On-Demand participants must pass a post-webinar attendance quiz). A CE package will be available which includes the full webinar description and details, the speaker’s CV and references.
For Canadian and International participants
Upon fulfillment of the above requirements, Canadian and international participants will be issued a Certificate of Participation which features:
- Name of Participant
- Title of Training
- Name of Presenter plus their credentials
- Number of hours of training
- Date of training
- Confirmation that you have passed a quiz with at least 80% grade to verify your attendance
Please check carefully with your regulating body/organization that this certificate is sufficient proof for you to claim CEUs.
For general information about Continuing Education for Canadians and International participants, please click here.
This training is aimed at all mental health professionals including:
- social workers
- medical professionals supporting mental health patients
- mental health counsellors
- marriage and family therapists and counsellors
- occupational therapists
- vocational rehabilitation therapists
- addiction counsellors
- religious counsellors
- case managers
- art therapists
- licensed professional counsellors
- all other professionals who would like to develop, update or expand their skills and knowledge in mental health practices