This is an On Demand Webinar. Access information, resources and CEU information will be sent to you shortly after registration and registrants will be given unlimited access to the recording for a full year.
This webinar was broadcasted live on Saturday, September 25 and Saturday, October 2, 2021
Ever dreamed about how to write a book about your expertise in mental health, wellbeing, or psychotherapy? It may be easier than you think. But without solid advice, you may end up with lots of great ideas to share, but not knowing how to get started. Never mind how to fit writing into your busy day once you do get started.
If this sounds like you, you won’t want to miss this webinar featuring successful author, Bill O’Hanlon, and top-tier publisher, Deborah Malmud! This dynamic duo will share tried-and-true strategies on how to write a book and get it published.
Being an author can:
- Earn you extra income, now and for years to come
- Establish you as an expert in the eyes of others
- Lead to more client referrals
- Lead to unsolicited speaking engagements and podcast and webinar invitations
- Lead to spin-off products that can generate significant income
This highly engaging and interactive 2-part webinar is geared toward mental health practitioners. Attendees will get insider tips, hear anecdotes, and have the opportunity to ask questions.
Bill O’Hanlon will share the Ten Ps to focus your book and how to choose a title that sells. Bill will also dive into how to write a book quickly despite having a busy life. Deborah Malmud will present behind-the-scenes information about the book business to give you a leg up on getting published.
Bill will share powerful strategies for how to write a book and get it published from the perspective of a mental health practitioner/author.
Deborah will discuss the reasons why 95% of book proposals get rejected within minutes. She’ll also discuss strategies for how to get from “no” to “yes” with an editor.
- Learn how book editors actually read book proposals and what they care about most.
- Discover what editors think about all the time (that writers rarely do!).
- Learn the one word you should never put in your book proposal as it will almost guarantee a rejection.
- Learn how to show an editor that you understand the business of publishing enough to be a great, published author partner.
Bill will share the strategies that have worked for him and the people he’s coached. Learn how to write a book in its entirety despite having a busy life full of distractions.
- Learn how to write a book quickly—in months instead of years.
- Outline and structure your book before you start writing, so it’s faster to write and more readable.
- Learn the 7 Rapid Writing Methods: discover the one that’s right for you.
- Use The Five Minutes A Day Method to squeeze writing into your already-too-busy life.
In this session, Deborah will coach you on how to complete your book and what to expect from publication. You’ll also get writing tips to keep you going through the long haul.
- Get an editor’s best writing and editing tips.
- Learn the 7 signs you’ve lost your way in writing and what to do to find your way back.
- Find out how to have and maintain a publishing mindset.
- Get an overview of the publishing process—from manuscript to bound book—so you know what to expect.
This training is aimed at all mental health professionals including:
- social workers
- medical professionals supporting mental health patients
- mental health counsellors
- marriage and family therapists and counsellors
- occupational therapists
- vocational rehabilitation therapists
- addiction counsellors
- religious counsellors
- case managers
- art therapists
- licensed professional counsellors
- all other professionals who would like to develop, update or expand their skills and knowledge in mental health practices
All pricing is in CAD$. The USD$ equivalent is about 30% less than CAD$, click here to estimate webinar rate before taxes in your local currency.