Led by Just Relating Team
Sharon Ramsay, MDiv, RP, RMFT-SM, CCFT, Carla Rather, MS, LMFT,
Elana Katz, MSW, LCSW, George Faller, MS, LMFT,
Dr. Hiroshi Sasaki, PhD, Jay M. Seiff-Haron, PsyD,
Dr. Katherine McKay, PhD, Peter Muhwati, CSW,
Sadaf Shalchian, MA, AMFT
Led by Just Relating Team
Live Broadcast Dates: Monday, October 4, 2021
Live Broadcast Time: 1:00 pm to 4:15 pm ET each day
Convert to your local time here
Live Broadcast Date: Tuesday, October 26, 2021
Live Broadcast Time: 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm ET
Can’t Attend Live? This webinar and Follow-up Q&A will be recorded and archived. All registrants will be given unlimited access to the recording for a full year after the Live Broadcast date.
JustRelating is an international group of seasoned psychotherapists who contend that power and privilege perpetuate inequality and inequity clinically and within global therapeutic communities. They believe that exclusion and hierarchical power structures reinforce inequality without examination and intervention.
Through evocative training, live interaction, and community engagement, JustRelating endeavours to lead change and growth. Their approach centres around the acronym RELATES: Reflect, Embody, Locate, Address, Track, Enact, and Synthesize.
Some of the JustRelating principles to combat inequality include:
- Augmenting alliance building skills
- Exploring name injustice and tracking impact
- Working with blocks in a culturally attuned way
- Identifying triggers and cues that prompt negative relational cycles
- Putting racial trauma into cycle
- Deepening in-session attunement with acuity to cultural differences
- Honing enactments
- Creating bonding experiences to promote resilience in couples who experience oppression, marginalization, acculturation stress, and intersectionality
Join this webinar and explore how the JustRelating approach to inequality can be integrated in your practice. If you’re a therapist looking to incorporate sociocultural attunement with cross-cultural competency, you won’t want to miss this workshop!
JustRelating was designed by ICEEFT Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) trainers, supervisors and clinicians yet is applicable to all therapeutic modalities.
By the end of this training, attendees will be better able to —
- Name injustice and track its impact in the client’s lived experience.
- Deepen in-session attunement with acuity to cultural differences.
- Integrate social locating into your practice using the components of the RELATES acronym.
This presentation is led by the Just Relating™ Team including: Sharon Ramsay, MDiv, RP, RMFT-SM, CCFT, Carla Rather, MS, LMFT, Elana Katz, MSW, LCSW, George Faller, MS, LMFT, Dr. Hiroshi Sasaki, PhD. Jay M. Seiff-Haron, PsyD, Dr. Katherine McKay, PhD, Peter Muhwati, CSW, Sadaf Shalchian, MA, AMFT.
Just Relating™ is designed by ICEEFT Certified Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) Trainers, Supervisors, and Clinicians to facilitate integration of sociocultural attunement into EFT and attachment-oriented therapies.
The most exquisitely attuned therapist combines precision clinical skills with cross-cultural competency.
Just Relating™ is a transformational training resource – centering justice and humility in the therapy relationship while honing clinical focus and skills. Level up your treatment efficacy from the inside out!
|First 90 mins||
|15 Minute Break|
|Last 90 mins|
This training offers 3 hours of direct contact (not counting breaks or lunch). It is the participant’s responsibility to check with their individual state boards/regulatory body to verify CE requirements for their license to practice.
For Live Broadcast Attendees
Webinar attendance by participants is automatically tracked, documented and archived for future reference. Upon confirming you have attended 100% of the webinar and upon completion of a course evaluation, you will be issued a certificate of participation (see below).
For Attendees of On Demand/Recorded Version
If you cannot verify 100% attendance of the Live Broadcast or if you are watching the On Demand/recorded version of this webinar, you will need to complete a Post-Webinar Quiz with a pass of at least 80% in order to verify your attendance.
For US Participants
- Continuing Education Credit is pending approval through Commonwealth Educational Seminars for these following professions.
- Instructions on how obtaining your Certificate of Attendance will be distributed either upon completion of the Live Broadcast or after participants pass the Post-Webinar Quiz following the On Demand recorded version of the webinar.
For more general info about CEs for US Participants, please click here.
For Canadian and International participants
Upon fulfillment of the above requirements, Canadian and international participants will be issued a Certificate of Participation which features:
- Name of Participant
- Title of Training
- Name of Presenter plus their credentials
- Number of hours of training
- Date of training
- Confirmation that you have passed a quiz with at least 80% grade to verify your attendance
Please check carefully with your regulating body/organization that this certificate is sufficient proof for you to claim CEUs.
For general information about Continuing Education for Canadians and International participants, please click here.
This training is aimed at all mental health professionals including:
- social workers
- medical professionals supporting mental health patients
- mental health counsellors
- marriage and family therapists and counsellors
- occupational therapists
- vocational rehabilitation therapists
- addiction counsellors
- religious counsellors
- case managers
- art therapists
- licensed professional counsellors
- all other professionals who would like to develop, update or expand their skills and knowledge in mental health practices
|Webinar Rate||CAD$132.00 / USD$105|
|Webinar + Q&A Rate||CAD$148.00 / USD$118|
|Dedicated Learner Rate||CAD $112.20 / USD$90|
|Whole Enchilada Rate||Included|
*Dedicated Learners pay $10/month and automatically save 15% PLUS have access to all Follow-up Q&A sessions free. Click here to become a Dedicated Learner.
All pricing is in CAD$. The USD$ equivalent is about 30% less than CAD$, click here to estimate webinar rate before taxes in your local currency.