Monday, August 27 to
Friday, August 31, 2018
Described as an “indispensable modality of treatment” by Bessel van der Kolk, Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) offers your clients a way to safely process traumatic experiences.
Roy Kiessling’s EMDR course is renowned for its flexibility and for providing clinical pearls of wisdom that will allow you to integrate EMDR effectively into your practice immediately. With an emphasis on attunement, attachment, and clinical judgement, this EMDRIA-approved five-day intensive will provide the essentials for implementing EMDR, including an overview on how to customize treatments for children, recent events, couples, grief, pain, phobias, addictions, and dissociation.
Drawing a sharp distinction from research-oriented approaches to EMDR training, Roy focuses on the interpersonal aspects of EMDR work. You will undergo a multimedia learning experience designed to optimize skill acquisition. Through lecture, videos, and practice opportunities, you will first hear, then see, and then implement new concepts and skills.
This training updates the original procedures developed by Francine Shapiro in 1995 by expanding treatment planning, preparation, and processing interventions. Supplemented with over 43 videos, downloadable training materials, and free access to a community-wide listserv, it also provides support before, during, and after the course, so that you will be confident every step of the way in your implementation of EMDR treatments.
See the daily agenda here
Hear what Bessel van der Kolk has to say about EMDR
You will learn —
- About foundational EMDR concepts and procedures (the Adaptive Information Processing approach, the 8 phases and 3 prongs of standard EMDR treatment)
- About 13 interventions to help prepare your clients for EMDR (through grounding, stabilization, and behavioural change)
- Strategies to prepare your client for processing
- About 7 treatment planning approaches
- How to customize the pace of treatment through deploying the Processing Continuum
- About interventions to facilitate safe, effective, and efficient processing
- How to work with children
- How to treat acute stress: A-TIP (a crisis intervention strategy)
$2500 up to June 30, 2018;
$2600 after June 30, 2018
INCLUDED IN THE TRAINING:
- Along side the 40 hours lecture/practicum portion of the training provided during your week with Roy, you will also receive 10 hours of consultation to help you integrate and fine-tune your learning experience.
- Advanced training materials upon registration including a pdf of the manual and links to videos of the training to help prepare participants for the training
In order to take part in this training, all participants must have:
- Education: either a completed masters degree or higher in an established mental health discipline or with proof of current enrollment in a post-graduate program leading to a masters degree or higher in an established mental health discipline
- Membership in a Professional Regulatory Body
- Professional Liability Insurance
Have you previously taken an EMDR training and need a refresher course?
A limited number of spaces is available for participants with previous EMDR training and who need a refresher course. The refresher fee will be CAN$1,500.00 before June 30, CAN$1,600.00 after June 30. The Refresher Fee package includes advance training materials and 40 hours of lecture/practicum but does not include the 10 hours of consultation
To apply for an EMDR “refresher” place in Roy’s training, please send the following to angela(at)leadingedgeseminars(dot)org
- Name of institution/trainer that provided previous EMDR training
- Confirmation that your previous training is equivalent to Level 1 and Level 1 Basic EMDR training
- Date of training
- Location of training
Credentials upon completion
Upon completion of this 5-day training, you will receive a document of completion for CEU purposes and you will be permitted to be called an EMDR clinician/therapist or describe yourself as Trained in EMDR provided that you hold a Masters or above in a mental health-related field such as social work, psychology or psychotherapy. For further information about EMDR training eligibility requirements, click here
EMDR Cancellation Policy
Participants may cancel their registration up to August 1, 2018 with only a $75 administration fee.
Between August 1 and 25, 2018 participants may cancel with $100 administration fee.
No refunds after August 25, 2018. A replacement person may attend in place at no charge.
Cancellations shall be requested in writing to info(at)leadingedgeseminars(dot)org
Payment plans are also available. Please inquire to angela(at)leadingedgeseminars(dot)org