Led by Arielle Schwartz, PhD
Live* Broadcast Date:
Wednesday, November 30, 2022
Live* Broadcast Time: 10:00 am to 5:00 pm ET
Convert to your local time here
*Can’t Attend Live? This webinar will be recorded and archived. All registrants will be given unlimited access to the recording for a full year after the Live Broadcast date.
Already Registered? Click below to access the participant page:
Complex trauma (C-PTSD) occurs because of repeated or chronic exposure to extremely threatening events from which escape is impossible. As a result of C-PTSD, clients are more likely to develop feelings of profound helplessness and powerlessness with little trust that their actions will make a difference in the outcome their lives.
It is common to feel unsure about how to best support clients who feel immense shame or despair due to their interpersonal wounds. But with the right training and skills, you can build your confidence to effectively help these individuals through what may otherwise seem like a clinical impasse.
EMDR therapy is an instrumental tool that helps clients process disturbing memories through desensitizing related images, thoughts, feelings, and body sensations. Clients with C-PTSD and early childhood developmental trauma are at greater risk for dissociation or emotional flooding; both of which can lead to re-traumatization if not addressed by the therapist.
In this workshop, you will learn how to safely work with clients’ emotions, sensations, and psychophysiological arousal associated with dissociative states. This requires the integration of mindful body-awareness within EMDR as well as an understanding of how to attend to clients’ ego states through parts work.
With strategies rooted in mindfulness and compassion, you can help clients to decrease their defensiveness so that they can finally find freedom from the burdens of their traumatic past.
At the conclusion of the workshop, attendees will be better able to–
- Understand the etiology and neurobiology of Complex PTSD (C-PTSD)
- Explore Diagnosis and Assessment tools for in the context of a socio-culturally based case conceptualization
- Understand dissociation though the lens of polyvagal theory
- Apply a unified approach to Parts Work
- Understand the eight phases of EMDR Therapy and how to modify protocols for C-PTSD
- Describe somatic and parts work interweaves for integrative EMDR Therapy
Arielle Schwartz, PhD is a licensed clinical psychologist, EMDR Therapy consultant, somatic psychotherapist, and certified yoga instructor with a private practice in Boulder, Colorado. She earned her Doctorate in Clinical Psychology at Fielding Graduate University and holds a Master’s degree in Somatic Psychology through Naropa University.
She is the author of six books on the integration of mind-body therapies into trauma treatment including The Complex PTSD Workbook, The Post Traumatic Growth Guidebook, and EMDR Therapy and Somatic Psychology. She is dedicated to offering informational mental health and wellness updates through her writing, public speaking, social media presence, and blog.
Learn more at www.drarielleschwartz.com
This training offers 6 hours of direct contact (not counting breaks or lunch). It is the participant’s responsibility to check with their individual state boards/regulatory body to verify CE requirements for their license to practice.
For Live Broadcast Attendees
Webinar attendance by participants is automatically tracked, documented and archived for future reference. Upon confirming you have attended 100% of the webinar and upon completion of a course evaluation, you will be issued a certificate of participation (see below).
For Attendees of On Demand/Recorded Version
If you cannot verify 100% attendance of the Live Broadcast or if you are watching the On Demand/recorded version of this webinar, you will need to complete a Post-Webinar Quiz with a pass of at least 80% in order to verify your attendance.
For US Participants
- Instructions on how obtaining your Certificate of Attendance will be distributed either upon completion of the Live Broadcast or after participants pass the Post-Webinar Quiz following the On Demand recorded version of the webinar.
For more general info about CEs for US Participants, please click here.
For Canadian and International participants
Upon fulfillment of the above requirements, Canadian and international participants will be issued a Certificate of Participation which features:
- Name of Participant
- Title of Training
- Name of Presenter plus their credentials
- Number of hours of training
- Date of training
- Confirmation that you have passed a quiz with at least 80% grade to verify your attendance
Please check carefully with your regulating body/organization that this certificate is sufficient proof for you to claim CEUs.
For general information about Continuing Education for Canadians and International participants, please click here.
This training is aimed at all mental health professionals including:
- Marriage and Family Therapists
- Clinical and Counselling Psychologists
- Psychiatric Social Workers
- Pastoral Counsellors
- Nurse Practitioners
- Occupational Therapists
- Graduate Students in Accredited Programs in the Above Fields
- case managers
- licensed professional counsellors
- all other professionals who would like to develop, update or expand their skills and knowledge in mental health practices
|6 Hour Webinar Rate||CAD $299.00 / USD $236|
All pricing is in CAD$. The USD$ equivalent is about 30% less than CAD$, click here to estimate webinar rate before taxes in your local currency.