Live Broadcast Date: Tuesday, February 9, 2021
Live Broadcast Time: 1:00 pm – 4:15 pm, EST (Toronto, New York), UTC -5
Convert to your local time here
Guest and Community Learner Rate – $132.00
Guest and Community Learner Webinar + Q&A Rate – $148.00
Dedicated Learner Webinar Rate* – $112.20
Can’t Attend Live? This webinar will be recorded and archived. All registrants will be given unlimited access to the recording for a full year after the Live Broadcast date.
An aspect of trauma or addiction is the identification with toxic stories. How do we guide our clients to see that the over-identification of their thoughts and emotions can keep them trapped in a cycle that compounds their distressing mental states? How do we guide our clients to see that thoughts are not necessarily facts, and that it’s often their stories that hinder their recovery and personal growth?
Valerie Mason-John is the co-founder of Eight Step Recovery, a mindfulness-based approach to working with addiction and obsessive thinking that is used as an alternative to traditional 12-step recovery programs throughout the world.
In this 3-hour interactive webinar, Valerie will break down the vicious cycle, and enable and empower you to have a compassionate dialogue with your clients.
By the end of this webinar, participants will be better able to —
- Identify the characteristics of toxic stories and over-identification with thoughts
- Explain to clients the impact of their thoughts on their sense of well-being, recovery and personal growth
- Demonstrate an approach to initiate compassionate dialogue with their clients
Follow-Up Q & A Session with Valerie Mason-John
Join Valerie for a Follow-Up Q & A session to:
- Ask questions that have arisen in the week after the webinar
- Share unexpected insights, experiences and challenges that you have encountered as you put some of what you learnt into practice
Live Follow-Up Q & A Date: Tuesday, February 23, 2021
Broadcast Time: 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm, EST
The Follow-Up Q & A Sessions are designed to help webinar participants further integrate and deepen their understanding and implementation of webinar material. After having had a chance to absorb and reflect on what you learnt in the webinar, you are invited to join the speaker in an hour-long Q & A session to ask questions, share your experiences in implementing some of the ideas explored in the webinar and discuss challenges and unexpected insights that may have arisen.
Non-subscribers may add the Follow-Up Q & A session to your registration upon checking out.
Follow-Up Q & A Fee for Guests and Community Learners at time of registration: CAD$16
Follow-Up Q & A Fee for Guests and Community Learners AFTER: CAD$30
Subscribers of the Leading Edge Seminars Advantage Network are automatically registered at no charge.
Valerie (Vimalasara) Mason-John, MA (hon. doctorate), is one of the leading African Canadian voices in the field of Mindfulness approaches for addiction and trauma. She is an ordained Buddhist, who has developed an accredited Mindfulness program for addiction, and co-founded Eight Step Recovery meetings that are hosted on several continents. She is the author of nine books, including her recent I Am Still Your Negro, An Homage to James Baldwin, which is a social justice poetic response to the inequities in society.
|15 Minute Break|
This training offers 3 hours of direct contact (not counting breaks or lunch). It is the participant’s responsibility to check with their individual state boards/regulatory body to verify CE requirements for their license to practice.
For Live Broadcast Attendees
Webinar attendance by participants is automatically tracked, documented and archived for future reference. Upon confirming you have attended 100% of the webinar and upon completion of a course evaluation, you will be issued a certificate of participation (see below).
For Attendees of On Demand/Recorded Version
If you cannot verify 100% attendance of the Live Broadcast or if you are watching the On Demand/recorded version of this webinar, you will need to complete a Post-Webinar Quiz with a pass of at least 80% in order to verify your attendance.
For US Participants
- Continuing Education Credit is pending approval through Commonwealth Educational Seminars for these following professions.
- Instructions on how obtaining your Certificate of Attendance will be distributed either upon completion of the Live Broadcast or after participants pass the Post-Webinar Quiz following the On Demand recorded version of the webinar.
For more general info about CEs for US Participants, please click here.
For Canadian and International participants
Upon fulfillment of the above requirements, Canadian and international participants will be issued a Certificate of Participation which features:
- Name of Participant
- Title of Training
- Name of Presenter plus their credentials
- Number of hours of training
- Date of training
- Confirmation that you have passed a quiz with at least 80% grade to verify your attendance
Please check carefully with your regulating body/organization that this certificate is sufficient proof for you to claim CEUs.
For general information about Continuing Education for Canadians and International participants, please click here.
This training is aimed at all mental health professionals including:
- social workers
- medical professionals supporting mental health patients
- mental health counsellors
- marriage and family therapists and counsellors
- occupational therapists
- vocational rehabilitation therapists
- addiction counsellors
- religious counsellors
- case managers
- art therapists
- licensed professional counsellors
- all other professionals who would like to develop, update or expand their skills and knowledge in mental health practices
|Guest and Community Learner Webinar ONLY Rate||$132.00|
|Guest and Community Learner Webinar + Q & A Rate||$148.00|
|Dedicated Learner Rate||$112.20*|
|Whole Enchilada Rate||Included|
*Dedicated Learners pay $22/month and automatically save 15% PLUS have access to all Q&A sessions free. To become a Dedicated Learner, click here