Led by Ronald Siegel, PsyD
This On-Demand Webinar is for 3 hours and talks about the potential of Ketamine Assisted Psychotherapy (KAP). Registrants will be given unlimited access to the recording for a full year.
Already registered? Click here to access CEU information, handouts and recordings.
Psychiatrist Phil Wolfson has pioneered new pathways for healing for decades and has been in the vanguard in the development of Ketamine Assisted Psychotherapy (KAP). While ketamine has a long history as an anesthetic and analgesic, in recent years it has shown promise both as a novel antidepressant and as a legally prescribable pharmaceutical for psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy. It is currently being integrated into psychotherapy worldwide to heal past trauma, treat anxiety and depression, change troublesome habits, and enhance relationships.
What insights might the rest of us glean from this work? How might clinicians not currently doing psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy apply these insights in other forms of treatment? Who might benefit from using ketamine as an antidepressant vs. as a psychotherapeutic tool? How do the effects of ketamine parallel or differ from other psychedelics?
In conversation with psychologist Ron Siegel, Phil will discuss insights from decades of experience working with ketamine and other agents, and how these can be combined with contemplative practices and other therapeutic methods to facilitate profound transformation in our clients. This will be a lively interactive webinar, with ample opportunities for audience participation.
You will learn—
- What ketamine does and how it differs from and parallels other psychedelic medicines
- The pros and cons of different models for integrating ketamine and other psychedelics into psychotherapy
- What psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy can teach us about optimizing therapeutic relationships
- Insights into the nature of trauma and it’s resolution
- New ways to understand depression and guide clients through it
- How ketamine and other agents can help patients reintegrate split-off parts of themselves
- Universal mechanisms in psychotherapeutic change that can be gleaned from psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy
- Practical principles for working with spiritual, psychological, and existential crises
Dr. Ronald D. Siegel is Assistant Professor of Psychology, part time, Harvard Medical School; serves on the Board of Directors and faculty, Institute for Meditation and Psychotherapy; is author of The Mindfulness Solution: Everyday Practices for Everyday Problems, coauthor of Back Sense: A Revolutionary Approach to Halting the Cycle of Chronic Back Pain and Sitting Together: Essential Skills for Mindfulness-Based Psychotherapy; and coeditor of Mindfulness and Psychotherapy, 2nd Edition.
Phil Wolfson, MD, is president & CEO of the non-profit Ketamine Research Foundation and directs the training of KAP practitioners through The Ketamine Training Center. Phil’s book The Ketamine Papers is the seminal work in the burgeoning ketamine arena. He is principal investigator for the MAPS sponsored Phase 2, the FDA-approved 18-person study of MDMA Assisted Psychotherapy for individuals with significant anxiety due to life threatening illnesses. His clinical practice with ketamine has informed his leadership role in the development of Ketamine Assisted Psychotherapy.
|15 Minute Break|
This training offers 3 hours of direct contact (not counting breaks or lunch). It is the participant’s responsibility to check with their individual state boards/regulatory body to verify CE requirements for their license to practice.
For Live Broadcast Attendees
Webinar attendance by participants is automatically tracked, documented and archived for future reference. Upon confirming you have attended 100% of the webinar and upon completion of a course evaluation, you will be issued a certificate of participation (see below).
For Attendees of On Demand/Recorded Version
If you cannot verify 100% attendance of the Live Broadcast or if you are watching the On Demand/recorded version of this webinar, you will need to complete a Post-Webinar Quiz with a pass of at least 80% in order to verify your attendance.
For US Participants
Instructions on how to obtain your Certificate of Attendance showing the hours completed will be distributed either following the Live Broadcast or with On-Demand registration (On-Demand participants must pass a post-webinar attendance quiz). A CE package will be available which includes the full webinar description and details, the speaker’s CV and references.
For Canadian and International participants
Upon fulfillment of the above requirements, Canadian and international participants will be issued a Certificate of Participation which features:
- Name of Participant
- Title of Training
- Name of Presenter plus their credentials
- Number of hours of training
- Date of training
- Confirmation that you have passed a quiz with at least 80% grade to verify your attendance
Please check carefully with your regulating body/organization that this certificate is sufficient proof for you to claim CEUs.
For general information about Continuing Education for Canadians and International participants, please click here.
This training is aimed at all mental health professionals including:
- social workers
- medical professionals supporting mental health patients
- mental health counsellors
- marriage and family therapists and counsellors
- occupational therapists
- vocational rehabilitation therapists
- addiction counsellors
- religious counsellors
- case managers
- art therapists
- licensed professional counsellors
- all other professionals who would like to develop, update or expand their skills and knowledge in mental health practices