This is an On Demand Webinar. Once you are registered, you will receive access immediately.
You will have unlimited access of this webinar for 3 months
It is never easy to face a day with depression, but with advent of social distancing and self-isolation, the risks for people with depression have escalated.
In this webinar we will look at what is at the heart of some of those risks and through case examples and discussion offer help for people with depression.
Join Margaret Wehrenberg, author of The 10 Best-Ever Depression Management Techniques in this 3-hour INTERACTIVE Live Webcast with opportunities to:
- Ask Margaret Wehrenberg questions via video/online chat in real time
- Mingle with fellow webinar participants during online chat/meeting rooms during the breaks
- To come and go as you please without missing a thing as a recording of this webinar will be available to all participants for 3 months after the registration date.
Peg will address the challenges for therapists working with depressed clients via online counselling alongside challenges that are specific to context of the COVID-19 pandemic.
We will explore how the uncertainties of the outcomes of this pandemic create challenges for persons with a depressive cognitive style and how to break out of those. We will examine ways to raise depressed energy when people feel stuck at home. And we will discuss the many ways people are experiencing loss and how mislabeling grief as depression prevents the processing that will lift people out of grief and into more hopeful thinking.
You will learn—
- How to clarify the impact of the depressive cognitive style so that you can help clients from children to older adults identify tendencies towards absolutist thinking and generalizations.
- About 3 specific ways to raise cognitive and physical energy even within “stuck-at-home” parameters.
- How to identify the grief over loss, disappointment, and death that some are calling depression
- About 5 creative ways to process through the grief.