In today’s fast-paced world, stress affects teens from all walks of life. It’s a universal challenge that transcends race, gender, and socioeconomic status, impacting 1 in 5 adolescents with serious mental health issues.
Recognizing this widespread concern, we invite you to explore a transformative solution. Join Gina M. Biegel, LMFT, the visionary behind the Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction for Teens (MBSR-T) program, in an immersive 2-day workshop. Gain invaluable insights into evidence-based intervention strategies, essential treatment tools, and behavioural techniques tailored for today’s youth.
MBSR-T stands as a proven therapeutic approach, applicable in both clinical and non-clinical settings. This comprehensive course equips you with the knowledge and skills to seamlessly integrate this cutting-edge methodology into your practice, providing a diverse array of therapeutic tools.
Unlock the potential of mindfulness-based stress reduction to guide teens away from impulsive, thoughtless reactions toward mindful responses. These mindfulness skills serve as a stabilizing force, offering teens an anchor in the storm of emotional dysregulation, stress, anxiety, and depression. Help them not just survive but truly live in our increasingly media-driven, technologically infused world.
Mindfulness-based stress reduction empowers teens to:
- Transition from reactivity to thoughtful responding.
- Shift from feeling powerless to cultivating a sense of agency and control.
- Enhance perception and appraisal of stressful situations.
- Reduce harmful negative judgments.
- Foster positive coping strategies while diminishing self-harming thoughts and behaviours.
- Cultivate and sustain an overall sense of health and well-being.
Embark on a journey to empower resilience and well-being into the lives of the teens you serve.
- Breakdown the foundational principles of mindfulness-based stress reduction.
- Construct the essential core components of the MBSR-T program.
- Implement the curriculum in the MBSR-T program and be able to teach interventions from all of the 8-sessions.
- Devise mindfulness techniques that increase teen’s present moment functioning and living.
- Experiment with interventions that can be used in teen’s daily life to facilitate maintenance and growth of the MBSR-T program.
- Explore the recent advances in neuroscience, neuroplasticity, and mindfulness on the developing teenage brain.
- Make typical adult practices accessible to an adolescent population, developmentally and emotionally.
- Apply positive coping skills instead of negative coping behaviours to manage stress and adversity.
This training offers 6 hours of direct contact (not counting breaks or lunch). It is the participant’s responsibility to check with their individual state boards/regulatory body to verify CE requirements for their license to practice.
Attendees of the live broadcast will receive instructions on how to obtain their Certificate of Participation after the course is finished.
Attendees of the on-demand recorded version will need to complete a Post-Webinar Quiz with a pass of at least 80% in order to verify attendance and then receive their Certificate of Participation. On-demand attendees will receive instructions on how to obtain their Certificate of Participation once they have successfully passed the Post-Webinar Quiz at the completion of the webinar.
The Certificate of Participation includes:
- Name of participant.
- Title of training.
- Name of presenter plus their credentials.
- Number of hours of training.
- Date of training.
- Confirmation that showed 100% attendance at the live broadcast or passed a quiz with at least an 80% grade to verify attendance of the on-demand recording.
Please check with your regulatory body/organization to ensure that this certificate is sufficient proof for you to claim CE credits.
*Pricing shown in CAD. USD equivalent is $191.