Part 1 of a 3-part series
This On Demand Webinar is 3 hours. Access information, resources and CEU information will be sent to you shortly after registration and registrants will be given unlimited access to the recording for a full year.
To learn more about the 3-part series, click here.
Research on psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy has mushroomed in the past few years, not only offering possible breakthrough treatments for PTSD, depression, addictions and end-of-life anxiety, but also providing new insights into the nature of psychological distress and the mechanisms of healing.
What can clinicians learn from these investigations? How can they inform our practice if we’re not participating in the research?
In this 3-hour interactive webinar, you’ll learn practical tools and techniques derived from psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy to help clients with a wide-array of disorders. We’ll explore ways to help clients integrate split-off traumatic memories, open their hearts, embrace vulnerability, surrender to the flow of ever-changing experience, move from isolation to deep connection with people and nature, appreciate the unreliable fluidity of thought, and find meaning in everyday moments.
You’ll learn how to use mindfulness and self-compassion practices along with other techniques to harness these healing mechanisms, while also gaining the knowledge necessary to help clients who might be experimenting with psychedelics to integrate and grow from their experiences.
You will learn—
- To identify the common elements in a wide variety of psychological disorders
- How mindfulness practices work to resolve psychological distress
- The role of compassion, and self-compassion in psychotherapeutic progress
- An overview of evidence for efficacy and mechanisms of action in psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy
- The role of transpersonal or “mystical” experience in both mindfulness-informed and psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy
- Practical ways to introduce the transformative elements of mindfulness and compassion-informed, and psychedelic-assisted sessions into other forms of psychotherapy
Dr. Ronald D. Siegel is Assistant Professor of Psychology, part time, Harvard Medical School; serves on the Board of Directors and faculty, Institute for Meditation and Psychotherapy; is author of The Mindfulness Solution: Everyday Practices for Everyday Problems, coauthor of Back Sense: A Revolutionary Approach to Halting the Cycle of Chronic Back Pain and Sitting Together: Essential Skills for Mindfulness-Based Psychotherapy; and coeditor of Mindfulness and Psychotherapy, 2nd Edition.
Christopher Germer, PhD is a clinical psychologist and lecturer on psychiatry (part-time) at Harvard Medical School. He co-developed the Mindful Self-Compassion (MSC) program with Kristin Neff in 2010 and they wrote two books, The Mindful Self-Compassion Workbook and Teaching the Mindful Self-Compassion Program. Dr. Germer is also the author of The Mindful Path to Self-Compassion; he co-edited two influential volumes on therapy, Mindfulness and Psychotherapy, and Wisdom and Compassion in Psychotherapy; and he maintains a small psychotherapy practice in Massachusetts, USA.
|15 Minute Break|
This training offers 3 hours of direct contact (not counting breaks or lunch). It is the participant’s responsibility to check with their individual state boards/regulatory body to verify CE requirements for their license to practice.
For Live Broadcast Attendees
Webinar attendance by participants is automatically tracked, documented and archived for future reference. Upon confirming you have attended 100% of the webinar and upon completion of a course evaluation, you will be issued a certificate of participation (see below).
For Attendees of On Demand/Recorded Version
If you cannot verify 100% attendance of the Live Broadcast or if you are watching the On Demand/recorded version of this webinar, you will need to complete a Post-Webinar Quiz with a pass of at least 80% in order to verify your attendance.
For US Participants
- In addition to the certificate of attendance showing the hours completed, Leading Edge Seminars can provide a full webinar description as well as the presenter’s CV and references
For Canadian and International participants
Upon fulfillment of the above requirements, Canadian and international participants will be issued a Certificate of Participation which features:
- Name of Participant
- Title of Training
- Name of Presenter plus their credentials
- Number of hours of training
- Date of training
- Confirmation that you have passed a quiz with at least 80% grade to verify your attendance
Please check carefully with your regulating body/organization that this certificate is sufficient proof for you to claim CEUs.
For general information about Continuing Education for Canadians and International participants, please click here.
This training is aimed at all mental health professionals including:
- social workers
- medical professionals supporting mental health patients
- mental health counsellors
- marriage and family therapists and counsellors
- occupational therapists
- vocational rehabilitation therapists
- addiction counsellors
- religious counsellors
- case managers
- art therapists
- licensed professional counsellors
- all other professionals who would like to develop, update or expand their skills and knowledge in mental health practices
|Dedicated Learner Rate||$112.20|
|Whole Enchilada Rate||Included|
*Dedicated Learners pay $22/month and automatically save 15% PLUS have access to all Q&A sessions free. To become a Dedicated Learner, click here