Live Broadcast Date(s)*:
Friday, September 29, 2023
Live Broadcast Date(s)*:
*Can’t Attend Live? This webinar will be recorded and archived. All registrants will be given unlimited access to the recording for a full year after the live broadcast date.
This rich, dynamic course introduces the field of nutrition for mental health and nutritional psychology.
You will learn the basics of how to enhance your own endurance and focus using nutritional and culinary methods through self-care. And you will learn how to introduce these methods to your clients to improve their self-care and provide the missing link to better mental health today.
We will also cover the concept, ‘nutrition is biology, not ideology’ (Korn 2022), that deconstructs popular myths and fads that impede nutritional health literacy.
This short course outlines the clinical art and science of nutrition for non-nutritionists and briefly explores the importance of nutrition for brain and mind/body function. It also examines how to collaborate with professionals to treat trauma and PTSD, depression, anxiety, insomnia, ADHD, emphasizing non-pharma methods.
After completing this 3-hour introduction course on nutrition and mental health, you will be eligible to participate in a more extensive certification in this field.
- Assess the scientific research that links diet and nutrition to mental illness and its implications for treatment.
- Demonstrate how to evaluate a client’s eating patterns using the KORN Food-Mood assessment and how those patterns may influence their mental health.
- Discuss the science of circadian rhythm and how it contributes to depression, PTSD, and bipolar disorder.
- Define the application of culinary medicine for depression, anxiety, insomnia, and PTSD.
This training offers 3 hours of direct contact (not counting breaks or lunch). It is the participant’s responsibility to check with their individual state boards/regulatory body to verify CE requirements for their license to practice.
For Live Broadcast Attendees
Webinar attendance by participants is automatically tracked, documented and archived for future reference. Upon confirming you have attended 100% of the webinar and upon completion of a course evaluation, you will be issued a certificate of participation (see below).
For Attendees of the On-Demand/Recorded Version
If you cannot verify 100% attendance of the Live Broadcast or if you are watching the on-demand/recorded version of this webinar, you will need to complete a Post-Webinar Quiz with a pass of at least 80% in order to verify your attendance.
For US Participants
- Instructions on how to obtain your Certificate of Attendance will be distributed either upon completion of the Live Broadcast or after participants pass the Post-Webinar Quiz following the On-Demand/Recorded version of the webinar.
For Canadian and Non-US International Participants
Upon fulfilment of the above requirements, Canadian and non-US international participants will be issued a Certificate of Participation that includes:
- Name of Participant
- Title of Training
- Name of Presenter plus their credentials
- Number of hours of training
- Date of training
- Confirmation that you have passed a quiz with at least an 80% grade to verify your attendance
Please check carefully with your regulating body/organization that this certificate is sufficient proof for you to claim CEUs.