Guest and Community Learner Webinar Rate – $92.00
Dedicated Learner Webinar Rate – $78.20*
*Dedicated Learners pay $22/month and automatically save 15% on all webinars PLUS have access to all Q&A sessions free. To learn more about becoming a Dedicated Learner, click here
This is an On Demand Webinar. Once you are registered, you will receive access immediately.
The threat to wellbeing and uncertainty. These conditions drive fear and anxiety. Sudden disruption of normal schedule and lack of resources to respond. These drive stress. And now we, experiencing these conditions along with our clients, have the opportunity to help them, but we are missing the person-to-person conditions that are familiar to us. In this webinar, Dr. Margaret Wehrenberg will talk about the best available anxiety management tools in our online connections to help anxious clients cope with trying times. Adapting methods to the medium, your clients will learn tools to calm reactions to these anxiety-provoking times.
In this 2-hour webinar broadcast both live and on-demand, you will see a master clinician at work in optimizing the online environment for authentic connection. Margaret is known for her pragmatic treatment approaches and accessible yet nuanced insights into the neurobiology of cognitive disorders. She is also funny!
If you are looking for a model demonstration of how to talk about anxiety, interact with anxious clients and how to be present in an online environment, Margaret is a great example. She is a sought-after speaker and consistently receives the highest ratings for her dynamic presentation and high-quality content.
This webinar will be packed with good information and strategies.
Beginning Live at 9 am ET
A brief discussion of how different mediums or platforms (online, phone, text/email) impact communication and how to decide which platform is the best for individuals
9:00 am – 9:45 am
3 major thrusts of conversation around ruminating fear and anxiety
- Anxiety about health – creating appropriate limits for online news gathering and setting parameters for when to worry.
- Anxiety about contaminating others
- Fear about financial outcomes
9:45 am – 10 am
Q & A
10:00 am – 10:45 am
Isolation, Stress and Depression
- Coping with schedule changes
- Unremitting stress with work from home and managing children
- Isolation and depression – coping with how isolation is affecting children, adolescents and adults – and encouraging their own online connecting with community.
10:45 am – 11:00 am
You Will Learn:
- How to optimize online and remote (i.e. Phone/text/email) options for connecting with clients to work through anxiety issues
- Anxiety management techniques that eliminate rumination
- How to help clients change behavior/ thinking from fearful to cautious responses
- About online help for isolation – for therapists with clients and for clients in their community
- How to identify and put into practice coping skills for current conditions of change and uncertainty