Led by Russell Barkley, PhD
This On Demand Webinar (Optimizing ADHD Treatment) is 3 hours. Registrants will be given unlimited access to the recording for a full year
Already registered? Click here to access CEU information, handouts and recordings.
All ADHD is not the same in terms of management or presentation.
Over 80% of children and adults with ADHD have at least one other psychiatric disorder and more than 50% have at least two such comorbid disorders. Research now shows that the second disorder that co-exists with ADHD often has a significant clinical impact on both the understanding of the joint presentation of these disorders and the treatment of them.
Topics to be covered in this webinar include Past approaches to ADHD subtyping; Using comorbidity to clinically subtype ADHD; Prevalence of comorbidity in ADHD; and specific disorders and their treatment implications, such as Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Conduct Disorder, Anxiety Disorders, Depression, BiPolar Disorder, Autistic Spectrum Disorders, Tics, and OCD, and Learning Disabilities, among others.
Russell Barkley ADHD Update Series: What You Need to Know Now in 3 Webinars
This is the third of three webinars that Dr. Barkley is presenting for us this fall. He is also presenting:
- Advances in ADHD Diagnosis and Management PLUS! The OTHER Attention Disorder, Sluggish Cognitive Tempo
- Oppositional Defiant Disorder Management PLUS Management of ADHD Medication
By the end of this training, attendees will be better able to—
- Discuss the most common comorbid disorders that co-exist with ADHD and the reasons they may be associated with ADHD.
- Explain the possible effects these comorbid disorders may have on both understanding the clinical case and in selecting treatment options to address both the ADHD and the comorbid disorder.
- Explain the impact of comorbid oppositional defiant disorder, conduct disorder, anxiety disorders, mood disorders, tic disorders and OCD, sleep disorders, and learning disabilities.
- Describe how co-morbidities may alter treatment planning.
Russell A. Barkley, PhD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry at the Virginia Commonwealth University Medical Center, Richmond, VA. He is board certified in Clinical Psychology (ABPP), Clinical Child and Adolescent Psychology, and Clinical Neuropsychology (ABCN, ABPP). Dr. Barkley is a clinical scientist, educator, and practitioner who has published 26 other books, rating scales, and clinical manuals numbering more than 43 editions, and creator of 7 award winning professional videos. He has also published more than 300 scientific articles and book chapters related to the nature, assessment, and treatment of ADHD and related disorders. He is the founder and Editor of the clinical newsletter, The ADHD Report, now in its 28th year of publication. Dr. Barkley has presented more than 800 invited lectures in more than 30 countries and appeared on nationally televised shows such as 60 Minutes, the Today Show, Good Morning America, CBS Sunday Morning, CNN, and many others. He has received numerous awards from professional societies and ADHD organizations for his lifetime achievements, contributions to research and clinical practice, and the dissemination of science. His websites are www.russellbarkley.org and www.ADHDLectures.com.
This training offers 3 hours of direct contact (not counting breaks or lunch). It is the participant’s responsibility to check with their individual state boards/regulatory body to verify CE requirements for their license to practice.
For Live Broadcast Attendees
Webinar attendance by participants is automatically tracked, documented and archived for future reference. Upon confirming you have attended 100% of the webinar and upon completion of a course evaluation, you will be issued a certificate of participation (see below).
For Attendees of On Demand/Recorded Version
If you cannot verify 100% attendance of the Live Broadcast or if you are watching the On Demand/recorded version of this webinar, you will need to complete a Post-Webinar Quiz with a pass of at least 80% in order to verify your attendance.
For US Participants
- Instructions on how obtaining your Certificate of Attendance will be distributed either upon completion of the Live Broadcast or after participants pass the Post-Webinar Quiz following the On Demand recorded version of the webinar.
For more general info about CEs for US Participants, please click here.
For Canadian and International participants
Upon fulfillment of the above requirements, Canadian and international participants will be issued a Certificate of Participation which features:
- Name of Participant
- Title of Training
- Name of Presenter plus their credentials
- Number of hours of training
- Date of training
- Confirmation that you have passed a quiz with at least 80% grade to verify your attendance
Please check carefully with your regulating body/organization that this certificate is sufficient proof for you to claim CEUs.
For general information about Continuing Education for Canadians and International participants, please click here.
This training is aimed at all mental health professionals including:
- social workers
- medical professionals supporting mental health patients
- mental health counsellors
- marriage and family therapists and counsellors
- occupational therapists
- vocational rehabilitation therapists
- addiction counsellors
- religious counsellors
- case managers
- art therapists
- licensed professional counsellors
- all other professionals who would like to develop, update or expand their skills and knowledge in mental health practices