Led by Russell Barkley, PhD
Live Broadcast Date: Monday, November 23, 2020
Live Broadcast Time: 1:00 pm – 4:15 pm, EST (Toronto, New York), UTC -5
Convert to your local time here
Guest and Community Learner Rate: $152
Guest and Community Learner Webinar + Q&A Rate: $168
Dedicated Learner Webinar Rate*: $129.20
All Webinars with Russell Barkley*: $304.00
*Dedicated Learners pay $22/month and automatically save 15% PLUS gain access to all Q&A sessions free. To become a Dedicated Learner, click here.
Can’t Attend Live? This webinar will be recorded and archived. All registrants will be given unlimited access to the recording for a full year after the Live Broadcast date.
All ADHD is not the same in terms of management or presentation.
Over 80% of children and adults with ADHD have at least one other psychiatric disorder and more than 50% have at least two such comorbid disorders. Research now shows that the second disorder that co-exists with ADHD often has a significant clinical impact on both the understanding of the joint presentation of these disorders and the treatment of them.
Topics to be covered in this webinar include: Past approaches to ADHD subtyping; Using comorbidity to clinically subtype ADHD; Prevalence of comorbidity in ADHD; and specific disorders and their treatment implications, such as Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Conduct Disorder, Anxiety Disorders, Depression, BiPolar Disorder, Autistic Spectrum Disorders, Tics and OCD, and Learning Disabilities, among others.
Russell Barkley ADHD Update Series: What You Need to Know Now in 3 Webinars
This is the third of three webinars that Dr. Barkley is presenting for us this fall. He is also presenting:
- Advances in ADHD Diagnosis and Management PLUS! The OTHER Attention Disorder, Sluggish Cognitive Tempo on November 13
- Oppositional Defiant Disorder Management PLUS Management of ADHD Medication on November 18
By the end of this training, attendees will be better able to—
- Discuss the most common comorbid disorders that co-exist with ADHD and the reasons they may be associated with ADHD.
- Explain the possible effects these comorbid disorders may have on both understanding the clinical case and in selecting treatment options to address both the ADHD and the comorbid disorder.
- Explain the impact of comorbid oppositional defiant disorder, conduct disorder, anxiety disorders, mood disorders, tic disorders and OCD, sleep disorders, and learning disabilities.
- Describe how co-morbidities may alter treatment planning.
Follow-Up Q & A Session with Russell Barkley
Join Dr. Barkley for a Follow-Up Q & A session to:
- Ask questions that have arisen in the week after the webinar
- Share unexpected insights, experiences and challenges that you have encountered as you put some of what you learnt into practice
Live Follow-Up Q & A Date: Tuesday, December 8, 2020
Broadcast Time: 10:45 am – 11:45 am, EST
The Follow-Up Q & A Sessions are scheduled a short time after the Live Broadcast date and are designed to help webinar participants further integrate and deepen their understanding and implementation of webinar material. After having had a chance to absorb and reflect on what you learnt in the webinar, you are invited to join the speaker in an hour-long Q & A session to ask questions, share your experiences in implementing some of the ideas explored in the webinar and discuss challenges and unexpected insights that may have arisen.
Follow-Up Q & A Fee for Guests and Community Learners at time of registration: CAN$16
Follow-Up Q & A Fee for Guests and Community Learners AFTER: CAN$30
Dedicated Learners and Whole Enchilada Learners of the Leading Edge Seminars Advantage Network are automatically registered for Follow-Up Q & As at no charge.
Russell A. Barkley, PhD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry at the Virginia Commonwealth University Medical Center, Richmond, VA. He is board certified in Clinical Psychology (ABPP), Clinical Child and Adolescent Psychology, and Clinical Neuropsychology (ABCN, ABPP). Dr. Barkley is a clinical scientist, educator, and practitioner who has published 26 other books, rating scales, and clinical manuals numbering more than 43 editions, and creator of 7 award winning professional videos. He has also published more than 300 scientific articles and book chapters related to the nature, assessment, and treatment of ADHD and related disorders. He is the founder and Editor of the clinical newsletter, The ADHD Report, now in its 28th year of publication. Dr. Barkley has presented more than 800 invited lectures in more than 30 countries and appeared on nationally televised shows such as 60 Minutes, the Today Show, Good Morning America, CBS Sunday Morning, CNN, and many others. He has received numerous awards from professional societies and ADHD organizations for his lifetime achievements, contributions to research and clinical practice, and the dissemination of science. His websites are www.russellbarkley.org and www.ADHDLectures.com.
This training offers 3 hours of direct contact (not counting breaks or lunch). It is the participant’s responsibility to check with their individual state boards/regulatory body to verify CE requirements for their license to practice.
For Live Broadcast Attendees
Webinar attendance by participants is automatically tracked, documented and archived for future reference. Upon confirming you have attended 100% of the webinar and upon completion of a course evaluation, you will be issued a certificate of participation (see below).
For Attendees of On Demand/Recorded Version
If you cannot verify 100% attendance of the Live Broadcast or if you are watching the On Demand/recorded version of this webinar, you will need to complete a Post-Webinar Quiz with a pass of at least 80% in order to verify your attendance.
For US Participants
- Continuing Education Credit is pending approval through Commonwealth Educational Seminars for these following professions.
- Instructions on how obtaining your Certificate of Attendance will be distributed either upon completion of the Live Broadcast or after participants pass the Post-Webinar Quiz following the On Demand recorded version of the webinar.
For more general info about CEs for US Participants, please click here.
For Canadian and International participants
Upon fulfillment of the above requirements, Canadian and international participants will be issued a Certificate of Participation which features:
- Name of Participant
- Title of Training
- Name of Presenter plus their credentials
- Number of hours of training
- Date of training
- Confirmation that you have passed a quiz with at least 80% grade to verify your attendance
Please check carefully with your regulating body/organization that this certificate is sufficient proof for you to claim CEUs.
For general information about Continuing Education for Canadians and International participants, please click here.
This training is aimed at all mental health professionals including:
- social workers
- medical professionals supporting mental health patients
- mental health counsellors
- marriage and family therapists and counsellors
- occupational therapists
- vocational rehabilitation therapists
- addiction counsellors
- religious counsellors
- case managers
- art therapists
- licensed professional counsellors
- all other professionals who would like to develop, update or expand their skills and knowledge in mental health practices
|Guest and Community Learner Webinar Only Rate||$152.00|
|Guest and Community Learner Webinar + Q & A Rate||$168.00|
|Dedicated Learner Webinar Rate*||$129.20|
|All THREE Russell Barkley webinars (including Q & A)*||$304.00|
*Dedicated Learners pay $22/month and automatically save 15% PLUS have access to all Q&A sessions free. To become a Dedicated Learner, click here.