This On-Demand Webinar is for 3 hours and talks about Pandemic Anxiety.
Access information, resources, and CEU information will be sent to you shortly after registration and registrants will be given unlimited access to the recording for a full year.
The impact of the 2020 Covid pandemic on people with anxiety disorders will be felt for a long time to come.
Even though the advent of a vaccine brought hope and relief, the many major changes to the way people have had to work, parent, and socialize have left us with unprecedented rates of anxiety and depression.
And even three years later, we still live in the ‘ambient anxiety’ of constant news about viruses, natural disasters, and racial/economic oppression. The consequent stress of the need to curate this information from news sources only adds to a toxic atmosphere and fuels the vigilance that is a hallmark of anxiety disorders.
Pandemic times have added yet another layer of concern for therapists: our clients’ resilience to this stress is undermined by serious disappointments that have hit virtually every individual. Therapists need new resources to help clients with anxiety symptoms that still include panic, rumination, and difficulty with problem-solving, but with the added twist of the pandemic-driven belief that worry is necessary and problems are not resolvable.
In this 3-hour webinar, Dr. Wehrenberg will focus on practical strategies from her new book “Pandemic Anxiety: Fear, Stress, and Loss in Traumatic Times” that will help any client with anxiety to suffer less panic, increase their stress resilience, and block worry (especially health anxiety). Join us and get new ideas to manage anxiety in the pandemic realities of stress, fear, and loss!
By the end of this webinar, participants will be better able to —
- Discern the impact of ambient anxiety that increases worry and panic
- Apply effective strategies that eliminate panic
- Utilize cognitive tools to interrupt anxious ruminations
- Devise techniques to minimize the stress of life changes in work and school and parenting
- Develop clients’ resilience to cope with reality-based threats while eliminating vigilance
Margaret Wehrenberg, PsyD, a licensed clinical psychologist, is the author of 8 books on the treatment of anxiety and depression, including the best-selling, The 10 Best-Ever Anxiety Management Techniques and its accompanying workbook. An expert on the treatment of anxiety and depression, she also has extensive training and expertise in the neurobiology of psychological disorders. In addition to clinical work, she coaches business professionals on managing anxiety and contributes articles for The Psychotherapy Networker magazine. She has produced audio soundtracks available on her website for breathing, muscle relaxation and imagery. Margaret blogs on depression for Psychology Today.
|15 Minute Break|
This training offers 3 hours of direct contact (not counting breaks or lunch). It is the participant’s responsibility to check with their individual state boards/regulatory body to verify CE requirements for their license to practice.
For Live Broadcast Attendees
Webinar attendance by participants is automatically tracked, documented and archived for future reference. Upon confirming you have attended 100% of the webinar and upon completion of a course evaluation, you will be issued a certificate of participation (see below).
For Attendees of On Demand/Recorded Version
If you cannot verify 100% attendance of the Live Broadcast or if you are watching the On Demand/recorded version of this webinar, you will need to complete a Post-Webinar Quiz with a pass of at least 80% in order to verify your attendance.
For US Participants
- Instructions on how obtaining your Certificate of Attendance will be distributed either upon completion of the Live Broadcast or after participants pass the Post-Webinar Quiz following the On Demand recorded version of the webinar.
For more general info about CEs for US Participants, please click here.
For Canadian and International participants
Upon fulfillment of the above requirements, Canadian and international participants will be issued a Certificate of Participation which features:
- Name of Participant
- Title of Training
- Name of Presenter plus their credentials
- Number of hours of training
- Date of training
- Confirmation that you have passed a quiz with at least 80% grade to verify your attendance
Please check carefully with your regulating body/organization that this certificate is sufficient proof for you to claim CEUs.
For general information about Continuing Education for Canadians and International participants, please click here.
This training is aimed at all mental health professionals including:
- social workers
- medical professionals supporting mental health patients
- mental health counsellors
- marriage and family therapists and counsellors
- occupational therapists
- vocational rehabilitation therapists
- addiction counsellors
- religious counsellors
- case managers
- art therapists
- licensed professional counsellors
- all other professionals who would like to develop, update or expand their skills and knowledge in mental health practices
All pricing is in $CAD. The $USD equivalent is about 20% less. Click here to estimate webinar rate before taxes in your local currency.