This is an On Demand Webinar. Access information, resources and CEU information will be sent to you shortly after registration and registrants will be given unlimited access to the recording for a full year.
The impact of 2020 on people with anxiety disorders is going to be felt for a long time to come. Even as the arrival of a vaccine offers hope of relief, the major changes to the way people had to work, parent, and socialize created unprecedented rates of anxiety and depression. We are now living in the ‘ambient anxiety’ of 24/7 news about virus, natural disasters and racial/economic oppression. The consequent stress of the need to curate information from news sources adds to the toxic atmosphere and fuels the vigilance that is a hallmark of anxiety disorders. Pandemic times have added yet another layer of concern for therapists: our clients’ resilience to the stress is undermined by serious disappointments that have hit every person. Therapists need new resources to help clients with anxiety symptoms that still include panic, rumination and difficulty with problem-solving, but with the added twist of the pandemic-driven belief that worry is necessary and problems are not resolvable. In this session, Dr. Wehrenberg will focus on practical strategies from her new book, Pandemic Anxiety: Fear, Stress and Loss in Traumatic Times, that will help any client with anxiety to suffer less panic, to increase stress resilience, and to block worry (especially health anxiety). Join us and get new ideas to manage anxiety in the pandemic realities of stress, fear and loss.
The Live Broadcast Date of this presentation was Wednesday, February 17, 2021
By the end of this webinar, participants will be better able to —
- Discern the impact of ambient anxiety that increases worry and panic
- Apply effective strategies that eliminate panic
- Utilize cognitive tools to interrupt anxious ruminations
- Devise techniques to minimize the stress of life changes in work and school and parenting
- Develop clients’ resilience to cope with reality-based threats while eliminating vigilance
Margaret Wehrenberg, PsyD, a licensed clinical psychologist, is the author of 8 books on the treatment of anxiety and depression, including the best-selling, The 10 Best-Ever Anxiety Management Techniques and its accompanying workbook. An expert on the treatment of anxiety and depression, she also has extensive training and expertise in the neurobiology of psychological disorders. In addition to clinical work, she coaches business professionals on managing anxiety and contributes articles for The Psychotherapy Networker magazine. She has produced audio soundtracks available on her website for breathing, muscle relaxation and imagery. Margaret blogs on depression for Psychology Today.
|15 Minute Break|
This training offers 3 hours of direct contact (not counting breaks or lunch). It is the participant’s responsibility to check with their individual state boards/regulatory body to verify CE requirements for their license to practice.
For Live Broadcast Attendees
Webinar attendance by participants is automatically tracked, documented and archived for future reference. Upon confirming you have attended 100% of the webinar and upon completion of a course evaluation, you will be issued a certificate of participation (see below).
For Attendees of On Demand/Recorded Version
If you cannot verify 100% attendance of the Live Broadcast or if you are watching the On Demand/recorded version of this webinar, you will need to complete a Post-Webinar Quiz with a pass of at least 80% in order to verify your attendance.
For US Participants
- Continuing Education Credit is pending approval through Commonwealth Educational Seminars for these following professions.
- Instructions on how obtaining your Certificate of Attendance will be distributed either upon completion of the Live Broadcast or after participants pass the Post-Webinar Quiz following the On Demand recorded version of the webinar.
For more general info about CEs for US Participants, please click here.
For Canadian and International participants
Upon fulfillment of the above requirements, Canadian and international participants will be issued a Certificate of Participation which features:
- Name of Participant
- Title of Training
- Name of Presenter plus their credentials
- Number of hours of training
- Date of training
- Confirmation that you have passed a quiz with at least 80% grade to verify your attendance
Please check carefully with your regulating body/organization that this certificate is sufficient proof for you to claim CEUs.
For general information about Continuing Education for Canadians and International participants, please click here.
This training is aimed at all mental health professionals including:
- social workers
- medical professionals supporting mental health patients
- mental health counsellors
- marriage and family therapists and counsellors
- occupational therapists
- vocational rehabilitation therapists
- addiction counsellors
- religious counsellors
- case managers
- art therapists
- licensed professional counsellors
- all other professionals who would like to develop, update or expand their skills and knowledge in mental health practices
|Dedicated Learner Rate||$112.20|
|Whole Enchilada Rate||Included|
*Dedicated Learners pay $10/month and automatically save 15% PLUS have access to all Q&A sessions free. To become a Dedicated Learner, click here