This is an On Demand Webinar. Access information, resources and CEU information will be sent to you shortly after registration and registrants will be given unlimited access to the recording for a full year
Webinar Rate – $132.00
Dedicated Learner Webinar Rate* – $112.20
*Dedicated Learners pay $22/month and automatically save 15% PLUS have access to all Q&A sessions free. To become a Dedicated Learner, click here.
All registrations include:
- 1 year of recorded archive access
- Certificate of Participation. For more CE information, click here
Compassion Focused Therapy explores the difficulties that the human brain encounters as a result of how old motivational and emotional systems interact with more newly-evolved cognitive competencies and intelligences and in the kind of society and cultures these new brain evolutions have led us to.
Developed by Paul Gilbert, the CFT approach integrates techniques from cognitive behavioural therapy with concepts from an array of psychological approaches (evolutionary, social, developmental and Buddhist) along with neuroscience. It highlights the importance of developing people’s capacity to (mindfully) access, tolerate, and direct affiliative motives and emotions for themselves and others.
Based on an expanding evidence base indicating positive impact on promoting well-being and relieving mental health difficulties gathered over the past decade and counting, CFT is now being used internationally in hospitals, prisons, schools and businesses as well as in private practice and clinical settings. It is especially appropriate for clients who have high levels of shame and self-criticism and who have difficulty in feeling warmth and/or being kind to themselves or others. CFT can help such clients learn to feel more safeness and warmth in their interactions with others and within themselves.
Join CFT founder Paul Gilbert in this webinar and you will explore insights and practices that conceptualize and alleviate mental health problems with the power of evolutionary science.
There is no known commercial support nor conflict of interest for this program.
By the end of this webinar, participants will be better able to —
- Explain, using at least 3 examples, how the human ability to self-monitor can be a source of shame, anxiety and depression
- Discuss how the 3-affect regulation system (threat awareness and coping/reward and resource seeking/ contentment and soothing) form complex patterns within the mind in at least 2 different life scenarios.
- Explain, using at least 3 examples, how early life experiences can shape the organization of our emotions and underpin mental health difficulties
Paul Gilbert, FBPsS, PhD, OBE, is the creator of Compassion-Focused Therapy (CFT). He is Professor of Clinical Psychology at the University of Derby, and Consultant Clinical Psychologist at the Derbyshire Health Care Foundation Trust in England. Dr. Gilbert has researched evolutionary approaches to psychopathology for over 35 years with a special focus on shame and the treatment of shame-based difficulties, for which CFT was developed. He has written and edited 20 books, including Mindful Compassion, The Compassionate Mind: A New Approach to Life’s Challenges and Overcoming Depression.
|1:15 – 2:15 pm||Evolutionary psychology overview: how older motivational and emotional systems interact with more newly-evolved cognitive competencies|
|2:15 – 3:15 pm||The 3-affect regulation systems (threat awareness and coping/reward and resource seeking/contentment and soothing) and the complex patterns they form in the mind|
|3:15 – 3:30 pm||Break|
|3:30 – 4:30 pm||The relationship between early life experiences and how our emotions are organized and mental health difficulties|
This training offers 3 hours of direct contact (not counting breaks or lunch). It is the participant’s responsibility to check with their individual state boards/regulatory body to verify CE requirements for their license to practice.
For Live Broadcast Attendees
Webinar attendance by participants is automatically tracked, documented and archived for future reference. Upon confirming you have attended 100% of the webinar and upon completion of a course evaluation, you will be issued a certificate of participation (see below).
For Attendees of On Demand/Recorded Version
If you cannot verify 100% attendance of the Live Broadcast or if you are watching the On Demand/recorded version of this webinar, you will need to complete a Post-Webinar Quiz with a pass of at least 80% in order to verify your attendance.
For US Participants
- Continuing Education Credit has been approved through Commonwealth Educational Seminars for these following professions.
- Instructions on how obtaining your Certificate of Attendance will be distributed either upon completion of the Live Broadcast or after participants pass the Post-Webinar Quiz following the On Demand recorded version of the webinar.
For further information please contact Commonwealth Educational Seminars, 1 (800) 376-3345, CommonwealthSeminars(at)gmail.com
For Canadian and International participants
Upon fulfillment of the above requirements, Canadian and international participants will be issued a Certificate of Participation which features:
- Name of Participant
- Title of Training
- Name of Presenter plus their credentials
- Number of hours of training
- Date of training
- Confirmation that you have passed a quiz with at least 80% grade to verify your attendance
Please check carefully with your regulating body/organization that this certificate is sufficient proof for you to claim CEUs.
For general information about Continuing Education for Canadians and International participants, please click here.
This training is aimed at all mental health professionals including:
- social workers
- medical professionals supporting mental health patients
- mental health counsellors
- marriage and family therapists and counsellors
- occupational therapists
- vocational rehabilitation therapists
- addiction counsellors
- religious counsellors
- case managers
- art therapists
- licensed professional counsellors
- all other professionals who would like to develop, update or expand their skills and knowledge in mental health practices
|Dedicated Learner Rate||$129.20|
|Whole Enchilada Rate||Included|