Led by Frank Anderson, MD
This On Demand Webinar is 3 hours.
Access information, resources and CEU information will be sent to you shortly after registration and registrants will be given unlimited access to the recording for a full year.
For all its joys, parenting is often a roller coaster of challenges. Even when parents are at the top of their game, the most routine curveballs — quarreling siblings, a child’s public meltdown, or a phone call from a teacher — can trigger unresolved shame, guilt, anger or disconnection in parents.
The Internal Family Systems (IFS) approach offers clinicians effective interventions that can assist parents to:
- More fully understand and heal their own wounds that their children inevitably evoke
- Better set healthy, non-controlling limits
- Create a more nurturing family environment
As both a seasoned clinician, and a parent who has been at the forefront of developing and adapting IFS for multiple settings, Frank Anderson can help you help those clients who are struggling with parenting.
In this webinar, you will explore both attachment and parenting styles and learn IFS interventions that really work to help heal underlying parental triggers.
IFS can help you help parents get to the real root of their own issues.
There is no known commercial support nor conflict of interest for this program.
This is the third webinar of the 6-part Exploring Different Dimensions of Internal Family Systems with Frank Anderson series. You are welcome to attend just this one, or all of them, or any combination of the webinars in this series. Click here to view descriptions for all 6 webinars.
By the end of this training, attendees will be better able to —
- Explain the IFS perspective on attachment and parenting
- Discuss development from a neuroscientific perspective
- Identify and assess the conditions under which parents can be triggered
- Explain techniques to improve the co-parenting experience
- Demonstrate IFS techniques that shift parents from being reactive to being responsive
- Demonstrate IFS techniques to access the Parent Self
Frank Anderson, MD, completed his residency and was a clinical instructor in psychiatry at Harvard Medical School. He is both a psychiatrist and psychotherapist and specializes in the treatment of trauma and dissociation. He is passionate about teaching brain-based psychotherapy and integrating current neuroscience knowledge with the IFS model of therapy. Dr. Anderson is a lead trainer at the IFS Institute with Richard Schwartz and maintains a long affiliation with, and trains for, Bessel van der Kolk’s Trauma Center. He serves as an advisor to the International Association of Trauma Professionals (IATP) and was the former chair and director of the Foundation for Self-Leadership. Dr. Anderson has lectured extensively on the neurobiology of PTSD and dissociation. He co-authored the Internal Family Systems Skills Training Manual. Dr. Anderson maintains a private practice in Concord, MA.
Starting the Parenting Journey
|15 Minute Break|
This training offers 3 hours of direct contact (not counting breaks or lunch). It is the participant’s responsibility to check with their individual state boards/regulatory body to verify CE requirements for their license to practice.
For Live Broadcast Attendees
Webinar attendance by participants is automatically tracked, documented and archived for future reference. Upon confirming you have attended 100% of the webinar and upon completion of a course evaluation, you will be issued a certificate of participation (see below).
For Attendees of On Demand/Recorded Version
If you cannot verify 100% attendance of the Live Broadcast or if you are watching the On Demand/recorded version of this webinar, you will need to complete a Post-Webinar Quiz with a pass of at least 80% in order to verify your attendance.
For US Participants
- Continuing Education Credit has been approved through Commonwealth Educational Seminars for these following professions.
- Instructions on how obtaining your Certificate of Attendance will be distributed either upon completion of the Live Broadcast or after participants pass the Post-Webinar Quiz following the On Demand recorded version of the webinar.
For further information please contact Commonwealth Educational Seminars, 1 (800) 376-3345, CommonwealthSeminars(at)gmail.com
For Canadian and International participants
Upon fulfillment of the above requirements, Canadian and international participants will be issued a Certificate of Participation which features:
- Name of Participant
- Title of Training
- Name of Presenter plus their credentials
- Number of hours of training
- Date of training
- Confirmation that you have passed a quiz with at least 80% grade to verify your attendance
Please check carefully with your regulating body/organization that this certificate is sufficient proof for you to claim CEUs.
For general information about Continuing Education for Canadians and International participants, please click here.
This training is aimed at all mental health professionals including:
- social workers
- medical professionals supporting mental health patients
- mental health counsellors
- marriage and family therapists and counsellors
- occupational therapists
- vocational rehabilitation therapists
- addiction counsellors
- religious counsellors
- case managers
- art therapists
- licensed professional counsellors
- all other professionals who would like to develop, update or expand their skills and knowledge in mental health practices
|Dedicated Learner Rate*||$129.20|
|Whole Enchilada Rate||Included|
|All 6 Webinars with Frank Anderson Rate*||$608.00|
*Dedicated Learners pay $22/month and automatically save 15% PLUS have access to all Q&A sessions free. To become a Dedicated Learner, click here