Led by Suzanne Iasenza, PhD
This is an On Demand Webinar. Access information, resources and CEU information will be sent to you shortly after registration and registrants will be given unlimited access to the recording for a full year.
This webinar was originally broadcast live on Friday, September 24, 2021
This webinar is part of the “Speaking of Sex” 4-part series with Suzanne Iasenza. The series is designed to provide new insights for clinicians working with clients facing sexual challenges.
Sex therapy has been a focus for Dr. Iasenza for many years. Her approach helps therapists guide clients facing intimacy challenges by identifying and rewriting conscious and unconscious negative sexual narratives. As a result, clients can reclaim intimacy in their erotic lives.
Dr. Iasenza integrates psychodynamic systems and cognitive behavioural sex therapy techniques to identify relationships between personal, social, cultural and familial sexual narratives.
In this webinar on sex therapy, you will explore how to expand restrictive models of sexual response and how to conduct a relational sexual history. You will also learn how to help clients expand their sexual repertoire.
Case material will illustrate how to integrate this approach to sexual therapy into general couple psychotherapy.
At the end of this workshop, attendees be able to—
- Describe expansive models of sexual response.
- Conduct a relational sexual history.
- Empower clients to create sexual menus to expand their sexual repertoire.
- Help couples use mindfulness to enhance sexual development.
- Integrate sex therapy techniques into couple psychotherapy.
Suzanne Iasenza, PhD, is an active faculty member at several distinguished schools with programs in sex therapy and psychotherapy. She holds positions at the Institute for Contemporary Psychotherapy (ICP) in New York and the Ackerman Institute for the Family. Suzanne is also on the faculty roster at Adelphi University Derner Institute’s Postgraduate Program for Psychoanalysis and Psychotherapy. In addition, she teaches at the Westchester Center for the Study of Psychoanalysis and Psychotherapy and the Family Institute of Westchester.
Suzanne maintains a private practice in psychotherapy and sex therapy in New York. Her latest book Transforming Sexual Narratives: A Relational Approach to Sex Therapy was published by Routledge.
|First 90 minutes||
|Last 90 Minutes||
This training offers 3 hours of direct contact (not counting breaks or lunch). It is the participant’s responsibility to check with their individual state boards/regulatory body to verify CE requirements for their license to practice.
For Live Broadcast Attendees
Webinar attendance by participants is automatically tracked, documented and archived for future reference. Upon confirming you have attended 100% of the webinar and upon completion of a course evaluation, you will be issued a certificate of participation (see below).
For Attendees of On Demand/Recorded Version
If you cannot verify 100% attendance of the Live Broadcast or if you are watching the On Demand/recorded version of this webinar, you will need to complete a Post-Webinar Quiz with a pass of at least 80% in order to verify your attendance.
For US Participants
- Instructions on how obtaining your Certificate of Attendance will be distributed either upon completion of the Live Broadcast or after participants pass the Post-Webinar Quiz following the On Demand recorded version of the webinar.
For more general info about CEs for US Participants, please click here.
For Canadian and International participants
Upon fulfillment of the above requirements, Canadian and international participants will be issued a Certificate of Participation which features:
- Name of Participant
- Title of Training
- Name of Presenter plus their credentials
- Number of hours of training
- Date of training
- Confirmation that you have passed a quiz with at least 80% grade to verify your attendance
Please check carefully with your regulating body/organization that this certificate is sufficient proof for you to claim CEUs.
For general information about Continuing Education for Canadians and International participants, please click here.
This training is aimed at all mental health professionals including:
- social workers
- medical professionals supporting mental health patients
- mental health counsellors
- marriage and family therapists and counsellors
- occupational therapists
- vocational rehabilitation therapists
- addiction counsellors
- religious counsellors
- case managers
- art therapists
- licensed professional counsellors
- all other professionals who would like to develop, update or expand their skills and knowledge in mental health practices
|Webinar Rate||CAD$132 / USD$105|
|Speaking of Sex 4-Part Series (4 for the price of 3)||CAD$396 / USD$314|
All pricing is in CAD$. The USD$ equivalent is about 30% less than CAD$, click here to estimate webinar rate before taxes in your local currency.