Led by Courtney Armstrong, LPC/MHSP
Live Broadcast Dates: Thursday, November 11 and Friday, November 12, 2021
Live Broadcast Time: 1:15 pm to 4:30 pm ET each day
Convert to your local time here
Live Broadcast Date: Monday, November 22, 2021
Live Broadcast Time: 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm ET
Can’t Attend Live? This webinar and Follow-up Q&A will be recorded and archived. All registrants will be given unlimited access to the recording for a full year after the Live Broadcast date.
Trauma recovery treatment is changing. Recent neuroscience breakthroughs have revealed how we can more effectively treat trauma and get better outcomes for our clients.
In this webinar, Courtney Armstrong will talk about the new neurology breakthroughs related to attachment, memory reconsolidation and resilience. We’ll explore how to translate these findings into evidence-based strategies to use when working with trauma recovery.
You’ll also learn how to:
- Create a sense of trust, safety and hope prior to reprocessing traumatic memories.
- Adjust interventions based on your client’s attachment style to help heal attachment wounds.
- Calm anxiety and uplift your clients by integrating imagery, mindfulness, music, and movement.
- Review and reconsolidate traumatic memories without retraumatizing your client.
- Rescript trauma narratives with hopeful new endings.
- Facilitate resilience and post-traumatic growth with trauma recovery.
By the end of this training, attendees will be better able to —
- Assess how emotional trauma is processed in the brain and can influence brain development
- Describe the 3 phases of trauma informed treatment
- Compile recent neuroscience discoveries regarding memory reconsolidation and its implications for trauma treatment
- Identify five steps that all evidence-based trauma therapies have in common and how to apply them to safely and effectively reconsolidate traumatic memories
- Utilize at least two techniques to help clients regulate hyper- and/or hypo-arousal states
- Apply two interventions to help clients develop a more positive sense of self and their future
Courtney Armstrong is a licensed professional counsellor, author and international speaker who specializes in grief and trauma recovery. With a career spanning more than two decades, she has helped thousands of clients overcome trauma. She has also trained mental health professionals in the United States, Canada, and Australia.
Courtney is known for her warm, witty teaching style and ability to translate scientific discoveries into easy-to-use therapeutic strategies. She is the author of Rethinking Trauma Treatment: Attachment, Memory Reconsolidation and Resilience (2019), and The Therapeutic “Aha!”: 10 Strategies to Get Your Clients Unstuck (2015). Courtney also authored Transforming Traumatic Grief (2011).
|First 90 mins||
|15 Minute Break|
|Last 90 mins||
|First 90 mins||
|15 Minute Break|
|Last 90 mins||
This training offers 6 hours of direct contact (not counting breaks or lunch). It is the participant’s responsibility to check with their individual state boards/regulatory body to verify CE requirements for their license to practice.
For Live Broadcast Attendees
Webinar attendance by participants is automatically tracked, documented and archived for future reference. Upon confirming you have attended 100% of the webinar and upon completion of a course evaluation, you will be issued a certificate of participation (see below).
For Attendees of On Demand/Recorded Version
If you cannot verify 100% attendance of the Live Broadcast or if you are watching the On Demand/recorded version of this webinar, you will need to complete a Post-Webinar Quiz with a pass of at least 80% in order to verify your attendance.
For US Participants
- Continuing Education Credit is pending approval through Commonwealth Educational Seminars for these following professions.
- Instructions on how obtaining your Certificate of Attendance will be distributed either upon completion of the Live Broadcast or after participants pass the Post-Webinar Quiz following the On Demand recorded version of the webinar.
For more general info about CEs for US Participants, please click here.
For Canadian and International participants
Upon fulfillment of the above requirements, Canadian and international participants will be issued a Certificate of Participation which features:
- Name of Participant
- Title of Training
- Name of Presenter plus their credentials
- Number of hours of training
- Date of training
- Confirmation that you have passed a quiz with at least 80% grade to verify your attendance
Please check carefully with your regulating body/organization that this certificate is sufficient proof for you to claim CEUs.
For general information about Continuing Education for Canadians and International participants, please click here.
This training is aimed at all mental health professionals including:
- social workers
- medical professionals supporting mental health patients
- mental health counsellors
- marriage and family therapists and counsellors
- occupational therapists
- vocational rehabilitation therapists
- addiction counsellors
- religious counsellors
- case managers
- art therapists
- licensed professional counsellors
- all other professionals who would like to develop, update or expand their skills and knowledge in mental health practices
|Webinar Rate||CAD $259.00/USD $205|
|Webinar + Q&A Rate||CAD $275.00/USD $218|
|Dedicated Learner Rate*||CAD $220.15/USD $175|
|Whole Enchilada Rate||Included|
*Dedicated Learners pay $10/month and automatically save 15% PLUS have access to all Follow-up Q&A sessions free. Click here to become a Dedicated Learner.
All pricing is in CAD$. The USD$ equivalent is about 30% less than CAD$, click here to estimate webinar rate before taxes in your local currency.