Live* Broadcast Date:
Thursday, December 1, 2022
Live* Broadcast Time: 10:00 am to 5:00 pm ET
Convert to your local time here
*Can’t Attend Live? This webinar will be recorded and archived. All registrants will be given unlimited access to the recording for a full year after the Live Broadcast date.
In this webinar entitled Women’s Intimacy & Relationship Issues in Adulthood, we will examine the struggles and dilemmas of young women through midlife.
Specifically, we will explore issues such as pregnancy and post-partum physical relationships and partner effects of parenting on intimacy. We’ll also look at the surprising effects of COVID-19 quarantine on relationships, the global shift in attitudes toward monogamy, and the rise in infidelity among women. Additionally, we’ll discuss the symptoms of ‘second adolescence’—a developmental stage seen in both partners that can be a creative, liminal space, or a cause of conflict and divorce.
Attendees will learn about the contemporary issues of women as well as the interventions and strategies that must be applied therapeutically to incorporate their fast-paced real-life system.
At the conclusion of the workshop, attendees will be better able to–
- Understand the problem of living with too much information—the ‘tyranny of choice’
- Discuss strategies that demonstrate patience and curiosity about the process of therapy with mired young women
- Learn and practice the React-Reflect-Respond model
- Increase comfort with identity conversations to include the role of therapist power and privilege
- Understand three causes of perfectionism in high functioning young adult clients and how to help them work through their challenges
- Learn why clients get stuck in the cycle of perfectionism and how to finally break it
Margaret Wehrenberg, PsyD, a licensed clinical psychologist, is the author of 8 books on the treatment of anxiety and depression, including the best-selling, The 10 Best-Ever Anxiety Management Techniques and its accompanying workbook. An expert on the treatment of anxiety and depression, she also has extensive training and expertise in the neurobiology of psychological disorders. In addition to clinical work, she coaches business professionals on managing anxiety and contributes articles for The Psychotherapy Networker magazine. She has produced audio soundtracks available on her website for breathing, muscle relaxation and imagery. Margaret blogs on depression for Psychology Today.
Tammy Nelson, PhD, is a PhD Board Certified Sexologist, Licensed Relationship therapist and a TEDx speaker. She is the author of Open Monogamy; A Guide to Co-Creating Your Ideal Relationship Agreement, Integrative Sex and Couples Therapy, When You’re the One Who Cheats, The New Monogamy, Getting the Sex You Want, and What’s Eating You. She has been quoted as an expert in The New York Times, NY Times Magazine, Wall Street Journal, Rolling Stone Magazine, Washington Post, CNN, The Sun, and Time Magazine. She is the Director of the Integrative Sex Therapy Institute and the host of the podcast The Trouble with Sex.
|10:00 am – 11:35 am||Part one|
|11:35 am – 10:45 am|
|11:45 am – 12:00 pm|
|12:00 pm – 12:45 pm|
|12:45 pm – 2:15pm||Part 2 |
|2:15 pm – 2:30 pm|
|2:30 pm – 2:45 pm|
|2:45 pm – 3:00 pm|
|3:00 pm – 4:30 pm||Part three|
|4:30 pm – 5:00pm|
This training offers 6 hours of direct contact (not counting breaks or lunch). It is the participant’s responsibility to check with their individual state boards/regulatory body to verify CE requirements for their license to practice.
For Live Broadcast Attendees
Webinar attendance by participants is automatically tracked, documented and archived for future reference. Upon confirming you have attended 100% of the webinar and upon completion of a course evaluation, you will be issued a certificate of participation (see below).
For Attendees of On Demand/Recorded Version
If you cannot verify 100% attendance of the Live Broadcast or if you are watching the On Demand/recorded version of this webinar, you will need to complete a Post-Webinar Quiz with a pass of at least 80% in order to verify your attendance.
For US Participants
- Instructions on how obtaining your Certificate of Attendance will be distributed either upon completion of the Live Broadcast or after participants pass the Post-Webinar Quiz following the On Demand recorded version of the webinar.
For more general info about CEs for US Participants, please click here.
For Canadian and International participants
Upon fulfillment of the above requirements, Canadian and international participants will be issued a Certificate of Participation which features:
- Name of Participant
- Title of Training
- Name of Presenter plus their credentials
- Number of hours of training
- Date of training
- Confirmation that you have passed a quiz with at least 80% grade to verify your attendance
Please check carefully with your regulating body/organization that this certificate is sufficient proof for you to claim CEUs.
For general information about Continuing Education for Canadians and International participants, please click here.
This training is aimed at all mental health professionals including:
- Marriage and Family Therapists
- Clinical and Counselling Psychologists
- Psychiatric Social Workers
- Pastoral Counsellors
- Nurse Practitioners
- Occupational Therapists
- Graduate Students in Accredited Programs in the Above Fields
- case managers
- licensed professional counsellors
- all other professionals who would like to develop, update or expand their skills and knowledge in mental health practices
|6-Hour Webinar Rate||CAD $249.00 / USD $198|
|4-Part Series Webinar Rate||CAD $749.00 / USD $596|
All pricing is in CAD$. The USD$ equivalent is about 30% less than CAD$. Click here to estimate webinar rate before taxes in your local currency.