Alane Freund, MS, MA, LMFT
Alane Freund, MS, MA, LMFT, has helped adults, youth, and families focus on solutions through psychotherapy and consultation for over three decade. An International Consultant on High Sensitivity (ICHS), Ms. Freund has developed and implemented programs for highly sensitive people, children, families, and clinicians who serve them. She holds Masters’ degrees in clinical psychology and school counseling, specializing in family therapy and education with and about highly sensitive people and LGBTQ+ families. A skilled facilitator and therapist, a highly sensitive person herself, and the parent of a highly sensitive young adult, she teaches workshops, offers consultation, hosts the twice monthly “Are You Highly Sensitive LIVE” Q&A webinar, and leads groups and retreats, including the HSPs & Horses™ retreats at Heart and Mind Equine in Northern California (CEs offered). Ms. Freund is an instructor at retreat centers, Kripalu in Massachusetts and 1440 Multiversity in California, as well as teaching at the Community Institute for Psychotherapy and the California Institute of Integral Studies in California. She can be reached for consultation or referrals through her website, alanefreund.com.
- Falkenstein, Tom. (August, 2019) The Highly Sensitive Man, Tom Falkenstein. Citadel Press: New York
- Aron, Elaine, PhD (June, 2017). The Highly Sensitive Person. Bantam: New York
- Bjelland, Julie (January 2019) The Empowered Highly Sensitive Person. Createspace Independent Publishing Platform, Arizona.
- Aron, Elaine, PhD. (June 2010) Psychotherapy and the Highly Sensitive Person. Routledge: New York.
- Jaeger, Barrie. (May 2005) Making Work Work for the Highly Sensitive Person. MacGraw-Hill: New York
- Aron, Elaine, PhD (March 2001) The Undervalued Self. Little, Brown: New York
- Aron, Elaine, PhD (October 2002) The Highly Sensitive Child. Harmony: New York
- Aron, Elaine, PhD (January 2001) The Highly Sensitive Person in Love. Harmony: New York