Led by Roy Kiessling, LISW
DATE: Tuesday, June 20 – Saturday, June 24, 2023
Toronto Central Grosvenor Street YMCA Centre
20 Grosvenor Street
Toronto, Ontario M4Y 2V5
TIME: 8:00 am to 5:30 pm
(see agenda for more details)
Described as an “indispensable modality of treatment” by Bessel van der Kolk, Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) offers your clients a way to safely process traumatic experiences.
Roy Kiessling’s EMDR Toronto training course is renowned for its flexibility and for providing clinical pearls of wisdom that will allow you to integrate EMDR effectively into your practice immediately. With an emphasis on attunement, attachment and clinical judgement, this EMDRIA-approved 5-day intensive will provide the essentials for implementing EMDR, including an overview on how to customize treatments for children, recent events, couples, grief, pain, phobias, addictions and dissociation.
Drawing a sharp distinction from research-oriented approaches to EMDR training, Roy focuses on the interpersonal aspects of EMDR work. You will undergo a multimedia learning experience designed to optimize skill acquisition. Through lecture, videos, and practice opportunities, you will first listen, then observe and then implement new concepts and skills.
This EMDR Toronto training updates the original procedures developed by Francine Shapiro in 1995 by expanding treatment planning, preparation and processing interventions. Supplemented with over 43 videos, downloadable training materials and free access to a community-wide listserv, it also provides support before, during and after the course, so that you will be confident every step of the way as you implement EMDR in your clinical practice.
TRAINING MATERIALS INCLUDED:
- Along with the 40-hour lecture/practicum portion of the training provided during this EMDR Toronto training week with Roy, you will also receive 10 hours of consultation after the training with approved consultants via small-group phone/online video conferencing, to help you integrate and fine-tune your understanding and skills.
- Advanced instructional materials including a pdf of the manual and links to videos to help prepare you for the workshop will be sent to you prior to the beginning of the training.
In order to take part in this training, all participants must have —
- Academic credentials: either a completed master’s degree or higher in an established mental health discipline or proof of current enrollment in a post-graduate program leading to a master’s degree or higher in an established mental health discipline
- Membership in a College or professional regulatory body that oversees practice of psychotherapy. Click here to download a list of designations and regulatory bodies recognized by EMDR Canada.
- Professional liability insurance
- If you meet these requirements, complete THIS FORM
Register for EMDR Toronto - Regular Rate
- Complete your EMDR Registration Payment at the top of this page. You can choose to pay in full or in 3 equal installments
- Complete the EMDR Registration Form here
Once you complete steps 1 and 2, we will confirm your registration.
If you are not eligible for this training, we will issue you a complete refund.