Led by Raja Selvam, PhD
Live Broadcast Date*: Wednesday, June 14, and Thursday, June 15, 2023
Live Broadcast Time*: 1:00 pm – 4:15 pm ET each day
Convert to your local time here
*Can’t Attend Live? This webinar will be recorded and archived. All registrants will be given unlimited access to the recording for a full year after the Live Broadcast date.
Already registered for this workshop?
Join us for an immersive webinar that introduces the transformative practice of embodying emotions from Integral Somatic Psychology (ISP). This cutting-edge approach, backed by scientific research, revolutionizes therapeutic outcomes across various domains, including physical, energetic, cognitive, emotional, behavioural, relational, and spiritual realms.
Led by renowned expert Dr. Raja Selvam, PhD, this course offers a unique opportunity to delve into the science, methods, and practical application of embodying emotions.
Dr. Selvam will provide a comprehensive overview of the embodying emotions approach, presenting its scientific foundations and sharing two step-by-step methods for immediate implementation in any therapeutic setting. Engaging videos of clinical demonstration sessions will bring the concepts to life, offering valuable insights and inspiration.
By the end of this workshop, participants will not only understand the theory and evidence behind embodying emotions, but also be equipped with practical skills to enhance their clinical practice. Attendees will gain proficiency in implementing the 4-step process of embodying emotions to address diverse clinical goals. Additionally, they will learn a simple yet powerful 7-step protocol that is particularly effective in working with clients grappling with complex traumas and psychosomatic symptoms.
Don’t miss this opportunity to elevate your therapeutic approach and expand your toolkit with the state-of-the-art practice of embodying emotions. Discover its eight diverse clinical benefits, explore the evidence base, and unlock new possibilities for profound healing and transformation.
Join us and embark on a journey toward enhancing somatic, energetic, cognitive, emotional, behavioural, relational, and spiritual outcomes in all therapeutic modalities, including existing body psychotherapy systems.
At the conclusion of the workshop, attendees will be better able to —
- Describe the approach of embodying emotions and list its eight diverse clinical benefits
- Investigate the evidence base of embodying emotions
- Implement the four steps of embodying emotions in clinical practice to meet diverse clinical goals
- Implement the practice of embodying emotions in a simple seven-step protocol, of particular value in working with clients with complex traumas and psychophysiological (psychosomatic) symptoms
- Identify the three important determinants of affect tolerance in clients
- List the three categories of emotions with examples from each category
- Implement the three strategies for working with the face-and-throat physiology in the practice of embodying emotions
- Implement somatic strategies for working with existential themes (existential terror, fragmentation, rage, and shame) often encountered in working with severe traumatic experiences
- Module 1: The scientific basis of the practice of embodying emotions
- Module 2: The four stages of the practice of embodying emotions
- Module 3: The physiology of emotions
- Module 4: The gentle seven-step protocol for embodying emotions when affect tolerance is low or dysregulation is high
- Module 5: Working with the experience of shame with different types of emotions
- Module 6: Working with existential themes in therapy
This training offers 6 hours of direct contact (not counting breaks or lunch). It is the participant’s responsibility to check with their individual provincial/state boards and/or regulatory body to verify CE requirements for their license to practice.
For Live Broadcast Attendees
Webinar attendance by participants is automatically tracked, documented and archived for future reference. Upon confirming you have attended 100% of the webinar and upon completion of a course evaluation, you will be issued a certificate of participation (see below).
For Attendees of On-Demand/Recorded Version
If you cannot verify 100% attendance of the Live Broadcast or if you are watching the On-Demand/recorded version of this webinar, you will need to complete a Post-Webinar Quiz with a pass of at least 80% in order to verify your attendance.
For Canadian and International participants
Upon fulfillment of the above requirements, Canadian and international participants will be issued a Certificate of Participation which features:
- Name of Participant
- Title of Training
- Name of Presenter plus their credentials
- Number of hours of training
<li”>Date of training
- Confirmation that you have passed a quiz with at least 80% grade to verify your attendance
Please check carefully with your regulating body/organization that this certificate is sufficient proof for you to claim CEUs.
Click here for general information about Continuing Education for Canadians and International participants.
Who Should Attend?
This training is aimed at all mental health professionals including:
- Marriage and Family Therapists
- Clinical and Counselling Psychologists
- Psychiatric Social Workers
- Pastoral Counsellors
- Nurse Practitioners
- Occupational Therapists
- Graduate Students in Accredited Programs in the Above Fields
- case managers
- licensed professional counsellors
- all other professionals who would like to develop, update or expand their skills and knowledge in mental health practices
What level of knowledge the attendee should have in this topic?