Led by Stephen Sideroff, PhD
Live Broadcast Date(s)*:
Thursday, November 16, 2023
Friday, November 17, 2023
Live Broadcast Time(s)*:
1:00 pm – 4:15 pm ET each day
This course offers a 9-component, comprehensive model of resilience and optimal functioning, providing an innovative approach to handling anxiety, stress, and stress-related symptoms, including those arising from autonomic dysregulation. Clinicians will gain valuable tools to guide their clients’ development across each of these resilience “pillars.”
The core of this workshop revolves around Dr. Sideroff’s model, “The Path,” a construct for achieving optimal functioning. After completing this course, participants will have the knowledge to assess, in any given moment, whether they or their clients are on or off “The Path” of optimal functioning. Moreover, they will learn how to navigate back to it when necessary, helping individuals conquer the overwhelm often associated with stress.
Beyond understanding “The Path,” this workshop will address structural factors, such as evolutionary and developmental mismatches in adaptation mechanisms, which contribute to physical and emotional dysregulation, stress, and pain. Participants will also explore methods to overcome resistance to addressing these imbalances, both in themselves and their clients.
The benefits of this workshop extend to addressing physical and emotional symptoms while breaking through personal blocks that hinder success, ultimately optimizing overall health. A valuable tool called the Resilience Questionnaire will be taught to participants for quick assessment of a person’s Resilience Profile across the nine dimensions of the model.
- Identify and describe the nine components of the comprehensive model of resilience and success.
- Assess one’s level of resilience along these nine dimensions using the Resilience Profile.
- Identify and address two evolutionary and developmental mismatches resulting in impaired organismic adaptability.
- Describe a tool that can be used for developing each of the nine dimensions of resilience.
- Understand the resistance clients and others have in dealing with their stress.
- Use the construct of “The Path” to support the commitment to developing greater resilience and to avoid feeling overwhelmed by stress.
|First 90 minutes|
|Last 90 Minutes|
|First 90 minutes|
|Last 90 Minutes|
This training offers 6 hours of direct contact (not counting breaks or lunch). It is the participant’s responsibility to check with their individual provincial/state boards and/or regulatory body to verify CE requirements for their license to practice.
For Live Broadcast Attendees
Webinar attendance by participants is automatically tracked, documented and archived for future reference. Upon confirming you have attended 100% of the webinar and upon completion of a course evaluation, you will be issued a certificate of participation (see below).
For Attendees of On-Demand/Recorded Version
If you cannot verify 100% attendance of the Live Broadcast or if you are watching the On-Demand/recorded version of this webinar, you will need to complete a Post-Webinar Quiz with a pass of at least 80% in order to verify your attendance.
For Canadian and International participants
Upon fulfillment of the above requirements, Canadian and international participants will be issued a Certificate of Participation which features:
- Name of Participant
- Title of Training
- Name of Presenter plus their credentials
- Number of hours of training
- Date of training
- Confirmation that you have passed a quiz with at least 80% grade to verify your attendance
Please check carefully with your regulating body/organization that this certificate is sufficient proof for you to claim CEUs.
Who Should Attend?
This training is aimed at all mental health professionals including:
- Marriage and Family Therapists
- Clinical and Counselling Psychologists
- Psychiatric Social Workers
- Pastoral Counsellors
- Nurse Practitioners
- Occupational Therapists
- Graduate Students in accredited programs in the above fields
- Case Managers
- Licensed Professional Counsellors
- All other professionals who would like to develop, update or expand their skills and knowledge in mental health practices
What level of knowledge the attendee should have in this topic?