Live Broadcast Date(s) & Time(s)*:
May 23 and May 30, 2024
1:00 pm – 4:15 pm ET each day
*Can’t attend live? This webinar will be recorded and archived. All registrants receive unlimited access to the recording for 365 days.
Embark on a transformative journey with “Empathic Resilience,” a course designed for empathy professionals seeking to forge deep connections while safeguarding against burnout. In this immersive experience, participants delve into the Six Essential Aspects of Empathy model crafted by the insightful Karla McLaren, MEd.
Imagine unlocking the secrets to make empathy not just accessible but fully manageable. This isn’t merely about understanding empathy; it’s about crafting a workplace environment where empathy is not just healthy but intentional and enduring.
Tailored specifically for healthcare professionals, this course navigates the intricate realms of emotional and empathic labor, extending its reach into the nuances of personal lives. Picture gaining the expertise to not only preserve but skillfully manage empathy in the face of challenges and intense emotions.
This isn’t theoretical rhetoric; participants walk away with tangible practices, refined communication skills, and a personalized self-care toolkit. These tools aren’t confined to the workplace; they extend into the fabric of personal relationships.
The mission is clear: empower professionals to extend healthy empathy without succumbing to burnout, nurturing both their well-being and productivity. Join us in the quest for empathic resilience and sustainable connections.
- Identify, categorize, and articulate between and among the Six Essential Aspects of Empathy and construct a mental model of how they interrelate.
- Learn and implement strategies to engage or disengage specific aspects of empathy, depending on the situation and requirements.
- Learn and practice the 4 keys to emotional genius and identify how emotions relate to empathy.
- Identify and articulate the differences between compassion fatigue and empathic burnout.
- Identify and manage emotional labor and understand its effect on empathy, communication, productivity, and health.
- Identify hidden empathic labor requirements and develop support structures to reduce compassion fatigue and empathic burnout.
- Develop specific mindfulness and communication practices to support healthy empathy in challenging situations.
- Identify and apply the three aspects of Self-Determination Theory to self and clients.
- Learn practical skills to cultivate and support an emotionally well-regulated workplace.
|1:00-4:15 pm (includes 15-min break)
|1:00-4:15 pm (includes 15-min break)
This training offers 6 hours of direct contact (not counting breaks or lunch). It is the participant’s responsibility to check with their individual state boards/regulatory body to verify CE requirements for their license to practice.
Attendees of the live broadcast will receive instructions on how to obtain their Certificate of Participation after the course is finished.
Attendees of the on-demand recorded version will need to complete a Post-Webinar Quiz with a pass of at least 80% in order to verify attendance and then receive their Certificate of Participation. On-demand attendees will receive instructions on how to obtain their Certificate of Participation once they have successfully passed the Post-Webinar Quiz at the completion of the webinar.
The Certificate of Participation includes:
- Name of participant.
- Title of training.
- Name of presenter plus their credentials.
- Number of hours of training.
- Date of training.
- Confirmation that showed 100% attendance at the live broadcast or passed a quiz with at least an 80% grade to verify attendance of the on-demand recording.
Please check with your regulatory body/organization to ensure that this certificate is sufficient proof for you to claim CE credits.
Who Should Attend?
- Marriage and Family Therapists
- Clinical and Counselling Psychologists
- Psychiatric Social Workers
- Pastoral Counsellors
- Nurse Practitioners
- Occupational Therapists
- Graduate Students in accredited programs in the above fields
- Case Managers
- Licensed Professional Counsellors
- All other professionals who would like to develop, update or expand their skills and knowledge in mental health practices