Live Broadcast Date(s) and Time(s)*:
Friday, May 10, 2024 • 10:00 am – 5:15 pm ET
*Can’t attend live? This webinar will be recorded and archived. All registrants receive unlimited access to the recording for 365 days.
Stay at the forefront of insomnia treatment with this dynamic workshop on Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Insomnia (CBT-I) led by seasoned behavioural sleep medicine specialist and trainer, Dr. Colleen Carney.
In this immersive experience, Colleen delves into the latest advances and guidelines, equipping you with the knowledge and skills you need to effectively navigate complex cases of comorbid insomnia.
Dispelling common misconceptions, this workshop addresses outdated information surrounding insomnia treatment, such as the effectiveness of sleep hygiene, melatonin usage, and blue light avoidance.
Designed for mental health professionals, especially those not specialized in sleep, this course tackles the challenges of determining the most suitable approach for co-occurring insomnia in individuals dealing with issues like depression, pain, and anxiety.
Take your expertise to the next level through this hands-on, skills-oriented learning. This workshop goes beyond the basics of CBT-I, incorporating a blend of didactic instruction, interactive learner polls, in-depth case studies, sleep diary exercises, troubleshooting scenarios, and live demonstrations.
By the end of this workshop, you’ll not only possess tangible, applicable skills but also a toolkit of techniques ready for immediate implementation in your professional practice. Elevate your proficiency and make a lasting impact on your clients’ sleep and overall well-being.
- Name the three causal factors for chronic insomnia.
- Use the assessment to formulate client treatment targets.
- Match evidence-based treatment strategies to problems listed in the formulation.
- Derive/adapt treatment plans that factor into comorbidity.
|10:00 am – 12:15 pm
|Assessment; Case Formulation: Sleep Drive and Circadian Factors
|Case Formulation: Arousal, Comorbidity and Substances/medications and other factors
|Applying Case Formulation Using Case Studies
This training offers 6 hours of direct contact (not counting breaks or lunch). It is the participant’s responsibility to check with their individual state boards/regulatory body to verify CE requirements for their license to practice.
Attendees of the live broadcast will receive instructions on how to obtain their Certificate of Participation after the course is finished.
Attendees of the on-demand recorded version will need to complete a Post-Webinar Quiz with a pass of at least 80% in order to verify attendance and then receive their Certificate of Participation. On-demand attendees will receive instructions on how to obtain their Certificate of Participation once they have successfully passed the Post-Webinar Quiz at the completion of the webinar.
The Certificate of Participation includes:
- Name of participant.
- Title of training.
- Name of presenter plus their credentials.
- Number of hours of training.
- Date of training.
- Confirmation that showed 100% attendance at the live broadcast or passed a quiz with at least an 80% grade to verify attendance of the on-demand recording.
Please check with your regulatory body/organization to ensure that this certificate is sufficient proof for you to claim CE credits.
Who Should Attend?
- Marriage and Family Therapists
- Clinical and Counselling Psychologists
- Psychiatric Social Workers
- Pastoral Counsellors
- Nurse Practitioners
- Occupational Therapists
- Graduate Students in accredited programs in the above fields
- Case Managers
- Licensed Professional Counsellors
- All other professionals who would like to develop, update or expand their skills and knowledge in mental health practices