Led by Dr. Nathan Brown
Live Broadcast Date(s) & Time(s)*:
April 17, 2024 • 1:00 – 4:15 pm ET
April 24, 2024 • 1:00 – 4:15 pm ET
*Can’t attend live? This webinar will be recorded and archived. All registrants receive unlimited access to the recording for 365 days.
Already registered? Access the Participant Page now
Neurofeedback is a method of brain training with well over 40 years of research and clinical evidence supporting its effectiveness. For most of the past four decades, however, neurofeedback has been difficult for healthcare practitioners to access and to incorporate into their day-to-day practice.
Those days are over.
Today, we are on the threshold of a new revolution in digital healthcare and the power of neurofeedback has never been more accessible as a tool that complements the way you already work as a clinician.
Emerging technologies have brought neurofeedback within reach of healthcare practitioners seeking to raise their game, regardless of discipline. No longer an esoteric methodology veiled in technical jargon, clinical-grade neurofeedback can now be delivered remotely and affordably to your clients. Neurofeedback offers a treatment approach that complements and extends the effectiveness of the traditional methods of your discipline.
This webinar is designed as an introduction for the neurofeedback-curious clinician as well as those who may already have some exposure to this field and wish to learn more about how rapidly developing technologies, such as remote delivery, can allow a typical clinician to incorporate neurofeedback into their current practice.
Join Nathan Brown, PhD, of TrueBearing Academy, for a two-part series exploring emerging neurofeedback applications and their use in a wide range of clinical work.
Participants in this series will become familiar with the following concepts and applications of neurofeedback, particularly as a supplement to traditional psychotherapy and stress management methods:
- Basic principles and applications of neurofeedback in clinical practice.
- Research evidence demonstrating the efficacy of neurofeedback as a treatment for multiple conditions.
- An evolutionary perspective on patterns of neurodysregulation that underlie common clinical presentations; this brain-centered perspective will inform every aspect of your clinical approach.
- Implications of common patterns of neurodysregulation for traditional clinical practice as well as brain training as a standalone intervention.
- Indications and contra-indications regarding the appropriateness of neurofeedback.
- Ethical considerations in the practice of neurofeedback.
- Diversity considerations in the practice of neurotherapy.
- A step-by-step case study demonstrating the use of neurotherapy, from assessment through protocol development and tuning to successful completion and the use of additional neuroregulation resources.
- A roadmap for clinicians to efficiently acquire basic competence in neurofeedback and related modalities.
Articulate five basic principles and applications of neurofeedback in clinical practice, including behavioral conditioning principles.
Understand and summarize the basic findings regarding efficacy of neurofeedback and biofeedback for five common clinical conditions, and be able to locate and use supporting resources
Understand and describe an evolutionary perspective on patterns of neurodysregulation that underlie common clinical presentations
Describe and apply five key insights regarding neurodysregulation and the implications for traditional clinical practice
Understand indications and contraindications for the use of neurofeedback in clinical practice
Articulate ethical considerations in the practice of neurotherapy
Articulate key considerations around diversity and individual differences in the practice of neurotherapy
Describe a full course of neurotherapeutic assessment and treatment, including an understanding of therapist’s role in framing appropriate engagement and expectancies. Also, attendees will be able to describe relevant principles of operant conditioning as embodied in Phase 1/Phase 2 stages of training.
Understand appropriate next steps in the acquisition of basic competence in neurofeedback.
This training offers 6 hours of direct contact (not counting breaks or lunch). It is the participant’s responsibility to check with their individual state boards/regulatory body to verify CE requirements for their license to practice.
Attendees of the live broadcast will receive instructions on how to obtain their Certificate of Participation after the course is finished.
Attendees of the on-demand recorded version will need to complete a Post-Webinar Quiz with a pass of at least 80% in order to verify attendance and then receive their Certificate of Participation. On-demand attendees will receive instructions on how to obtain their Certificate of Participation once they have successfully passed the Post-Webinar Quiz at the completion of the webinar.
The Certificate of Participation includes:
- Name of participant.
- Title of training.
- Name of presenter plus their credentials.
- Number of hours of training.
- Date of training.
- Confirmation that showed 100% attendance at the live broadcast or passed a quiz with at least an 80% grade to verify attendance of the on-demand recording.
Please check with your regulatory body/organization to ensure that this certificate is sufficient proof for you to claim CE credits.
- Marriage and Family Therapists
- Clinical and Counselling Psychologists
- Psychiatric Social Workers
- Pastoral Counsellors
- Nurse Practitioners
- Occupational Therapists
- Graduate Students in accredited programs in the above fields
- Case Managers
- Licensed Professional Counsellors
- All other professionals who would like to develop, update or expand their skills and knowledge in mental health practices