Led by Clara Mucci, PhD
This is a 2 hour On Demand Webinar. Access information, resources and CEU information will be available shortly after registration and registrants will be given unlimited access to the recording for a full year.
This webinar was broadcasted live on October 21, 2022 as part of the Collective Trauma Conference
Already registered for this workshop?
Noted Italian psychologist Clara Mucci will discuss how resilience can be reinforced and structured to create stronger individuals and societies. She will explore what can best support our client’s aid capacity to resist, combat, adapt to, or counter extreme traumatization.
Dr. Mucci’s earlier work was built on her understanding of interpersonal neurobiology, attachment theory, and psychoanalytic theory. She’ll share her latest ideas in these areas, which formed the basis of her book Understanding and Healing Intergenerational Trauma.
Clara Mucci will also explore how hyperarousal, or excess stress, impacts the immune system, thus creating affect dysregulation. In addition, she will examine how the most serious consequence of traumatization is dissociation.
At the conclusion of this workshop, attendees will be better able to:
- Discuss how DSM-5, PDM-2 and ICD-11 describe trauma related difficulties (PTSD, Complex PTDS).
- Identify the cumulative levels of trauma, starting form the difference between trauma of human agency and trauma due to natural catastrophes and their different impact on the human psyche.
- Discuss how trauma of human agency is psychodynamically transmitted through attachment relationships, distinguishing between trauma of first, second and third generation and how it is transmitted.
This training offers 2 hours of direct contact (not counting breaks or lunch). It is the participant’s responsibility to check with their individual state boards/regulatory body to verify CE requirements for their license to practice.
For Attendees of On Demand/Recorded Version
If you cannot verify 100% attendance of the Live Broadcast or if you are watching the On Demand/recorded version of this webinar, you will need to complete a Post-Webinar Quiz with a pass of at least 80% in order to verify your attendance.
For Canadian and International participants
Upon fulfillment of the above requirements, Canadian and international participants will be issued a Certificate of Participation which features:
- Name of Participant
- Title of Training
- Name of Presenter plus their credentials
- Number of hours of training
- Date of training
- Confirmation that you have passed a quiz with at least 80% grade to verify your attendance
Please check carefully with your regulating body/organization that this certificate is sufficient proof for you to claim CEUs.
For general information about Continuing Education for Canadians and International participants, please click here.
Who Should Attend?
This training is aimed at all mental health professionals including:
- Marriage and Family Therapists
- Clinical and Counselling Psychologists
- Psychiatric Social Workers
- Pastoral Counsellors
- Nurse Practitioners
- Occupational Therapists
- Graduate Students in Accredited Programs in the Above Fields
- case managers
- licensed professional counsellors
- all other professionals who would like to develop, update or expand their skills and knowledge in mental health practices
What level of knowledge the attendee should have in this topic?