Led by George Bonanno, PhD
This is a 2 hour On Demand Webinar. Access information, resources and CEU information will be available shortly after registration and registrants will be given unlimited access to the recording for a full year.
This webinar was broadcasted live on October 20, 2022 as part of the Collective Trauma Conference
Already registered for this workshop?
Decades of research show that response to potentially traumatic events produces various prototypical trajectories of outcome. The most common outcome is a stable trajectory of healthy functioning, or resilience.
Paradoxically, correlations of these patterns say little about who will actually be resilient and who will not. The reason for this is that the challenges presented by highly adverse situations are nearly infinite in their variety. As a result, behaviors and strategies that work in one situation may not work in another. This is the resilience paradox.
In this presentation, we will explore how adaptation to potential trauma events requires flexibility in response.
At the conclusion of this workshop, attendees will be better able to—
- understand how traumatic events may or may not lead to PTSD
- understand the key role of flexible self-regulation
This training offers 2 hours of direct contact (not counting breaks or lunch). It is the participant’s responsibility to check with their individual state boards/regulatory body to verify CE requirements for their license to practice.
For Attendees of On Demand/Recorded Version
If you cannot verify 100% attendance of the Live Broadcast or if you are watching the On Demand/recorded version of this webinar, you will need to complete a Post-Webinar Quiz with a pass of at least 80% in order to verify your attendance.
For Canadian and International participants
Upon fulfillment of the above requirements, Canadian and international participants will be issued a Certificate of Participation which features:
- Name of Participant
- Title of Training
- Name of Presenter plus their credentials
- Number of hours of training
- Date of training
- Confirmation that you have passed a quiz with at least 80% grade to verify your attendance
Please check carefully with your regulating body/organization that this certificate is sufficient proof for you to claim CEUs.
For general information about Continuing Education for Canadians and International participants, please click here.
Who Should Attend?
This training is aimed at all mental health professionals including:
- Marriage and Family Therapists
- Clinical and Counselling Psychologists
- Psychiatric Social Workers
- Pastoral Counsellors
- Nurse Practitioners
- Occupational Therapists
- Graduate Students in Accredited Programs in the Above Fields
- case managers
- licensed professional counsellors
- all other professionals who would like to develop, update or expand their skills and knowledge in mental health practices
What level of knowledge the attendee should have in this topic?