Live Broadcast Date: Monday, November 9, 2020
Live Broadcast Time: 1:15 pm – 4:30 pm, EST (Toronto, New York), UTC -5
Convert to your local time here
Webinar Rate – $132.00
Webinar + Q&A Rate – $148.00
Dedicated Learner Webinar Rate* – $112.20
All registrations include:
- Individual entrance to the live, interactive webinar
- 1 year of recorded archive access
- Certificate of Participation. For more CE information, click here
Once considered the purview of sex experts, sexual concerns are now frequent and important topics of many marital and couple therapy sessions. Couples therapists must now have the skills and confidence to address sexual issues in the course of ongoing therapy. This webinar explores some of the more frequent sexual complaints that couples experience related to differences in sexual desires. Participants will learn the basic concepts and skills involved in the assessment and treatment of desire differences related to the frequency and quality of sexual interactions. The focus is on couples therapy but some reference will be made to individual approaches and the important contribution of sexual medicine. Resources regarding medical treatments and interventions will be provided. Because sexuality is ultimately about the persons experiencing it, we will be examining the experience of sexual difficulties across a broad range of couples from diverse backgrounds, orientations and stages of life*.
There is no known commercial support nor conflict of interest for this program.
Kathryn Hall is also presenting Sexual Betrayals: Integrating insights and interventions from sex therapy into clinical practice on November 16. Full 3-hour webinar description here.
*This webinar will focus on cisgender men and women in dyadic relationships. The omission of other gender identities and relationship constellations is not intended to be a negation of their experience, but a reflection of the reality of the limits of my practice and experience. There are others who can better speak to the experience of sexuality in the transgender person, and to people in consensually nonmonogamous relationships, and I cede to them and their expertise.
By the end of this training, attendees will be better able to —
- Explain at least 2 strategies by which the Circular Sexual Response model can be integrated into therapeutic interventions for couples
- Ask at least 3 key questions to assess sexual interests and dissatisfaction in couples
- Implement at least 3 core interventions for sexual issues related to desire discrepancies
- Identify at least 2 scenarios where referring out for the services other professionals will be helpful in an integrated treatment approach to sexual desire disorders.
Follow-Up Q & A Session with Kathryn Hall
Join Kathryn for a Follow-Up Q & A session to:
- Ask questions that have arisen in the week after the webinar
- Share unexpected insights, experiences and challenges that you have encountered as you put some of what you learnt into practice
Live Follow-Up Q & A Date: Tuesday, November 24, 2020
Broadcast Time: 11:30 am – 12:30 pm, EST
The Follow-Up Q & A Sessions are scheduled a short time after the Live Broadcast date and are designed to help webinar participants further integrate and deepen their understanding and implementation of webinar material. After having had a chance to absorb and reflect on what you learnt in the webinar, you are invited to join the speaker in an hour-long Q & A session to ask questions, share your experiences in implementing some of the ideas explored in the webinar and discuss challenges and unexpected insights that may have arisen.
Follow-Up Q & A Fee for Guests and Community Learners at time of registration: CAD$16
Follow-Up Q & A Fee for Guests and Community Learners AFTER: CAD$30
Dedicated Learners and Whole Enchilada Learners of the Leading Edge Seminars Advantage Network are automatically registered for Follow-Up Q & As at no charge.
Kathryn Hall received her PhD from McGill University. She is a licensed psychologist and is certified as a sex therapist by the American Association of Sex Educators, Counselors and Therapists (AASECT). In addition to her private practice, Dr. Hall has authored numerous scholarly articles as well as a popular book on female sexual desire: Reclaiming Your Sexual Self: How You Can Bring Desire Back Into Your Life. Dr. Hall has co-edited three academic books: The Cultural Context of Sexual Pleasure and Problems: Psychotherapy with Diverse Clients and Principles and Practice of Sex Therapy, 5th and 6th Editions.
|15 Minute Break|
This training offers 3 hours of direct contact (not counting breaks or lunch). It is the participant’s responsibility to check with their individual state boards/regulatory body to verify CE requirements for their license to practice.
For Live Broadcast Attendees
Webinar attendance by participants is automatically tracked, documented and archived for future reference. Upon confirming you have attended 100% of the webinar and upon completion of a course evaluation, you will be issued a certificate of participation (see below).
For Attendees of On Demand/Recorded Version
If you cannot verify 100% attendance of the Live Broadcast or if you are watching the On Demand/recorded version of this webinar, you will need to complete a Post-Webinar Quiz with a pass of at least 80% in order to verify your attendance.
For US Participants
- Continuing Education Credit has been approved through Commonwealth Educational Seminars for these following professions.
- Instructions on how obtaining your Certificate of Attendance will be distributed either upon completion of the Live Broadcast or after participants pass the Post-Webinar Quiz following the On Demand recorded version of the webinar.
For further information please contact Commonwealth Educational Seminars, 1 (800) 376-3345, CommonwealthSeminars(at)gmail.com
For Canadian and International participants
Upon fulfillment of the above requirements, Canadian and international participants will be issued a Certificate of Participation which features:
- Name of Participant
- Title of Training
- Name of Presenter plus their credentials
- Number of hours of training
- Date of training
- Confirmation that you have passed a quiz with at least 80% grade to verify your attendance
Please check carefully with your regulating body/organization that this certificate is sufficient proof for you to claim CEUs.
For general information about Continuing Education for Canadians and International participants, please click here.
This training is aimed at all mental health professionals including:
- social workers
- medical professionals supporting mental health patients
- mental health counsellors
- marriage and family therapists and counsellors
- occupational therapists
- vocational rehabilitation therapists
- addiction counsellors
- religious counsellors
- case managers
- art therapists
- licensed professional counsellors
- all other professionals who would like to develop, update or expand their skills and knowledge in mental health practices
|Guest and Community Learner Rate||$132.00|
|Guest and Community Learner Rate||$148.00|
|Dedicated Learner Rate*||$112.20|
|Whole Enchilada Rate||Included|
*Dedicated Learners pay $22/month and automatically save 15% PLUS have access to all Q&A sessions free. To become a Dedicated Learner, click here