This 3-hour On-Demand Webinar led by Ron Siegel, Psyd, was originally broadcast live on June 14, 2022.
Access information, handouts/resources, and continuing education credits information will be available immediately after successful registration. All registrants receive unlimited access to the recording for 365 days.
“Did I sound stupid?” “Should I have sent that email?” “How do I look?”
Why do we, and our clients, spend so much time feeling self-conscious and comparing ourselves to others? Why do we struggle so to live up to inner ideals or outer standards, only to regularly feel not good enough and ashamed of our shortcomings or stressed-out trying to keep our self-esteem afloat?
The assumption that we can find lasting happiness by being more successful, likable, attractive, intelligent, or morally above reproach is so woven into our biology and culture that few of us notice it’s not actually true. Sure, having success or otherwise getting to think highly of ourselves feels good—it just isn’t long before we hit a bump in the road, lose the feeling, and are left hungry for the next boost.
Particularly in the age of Facebook and Instagram, we need a way to free ourselves, and our clients, from the anxiety, depression, addictions, and stress-related disorders that arise from continuous self-evaluation and social comparison.
This experiential, interactive webinar will zero in on how we and our clients can begin to step off the self-evaluation roller coaster. We’ll explore techniques to navigate failure, rejection, and shame while developing stronger relationships and greater comfort with vulnerability—tailoring techniques to clients with both secure and challenged attachment histories and a wide variety of disorders.
- Describe research in evolutionary psychology, illuminating the origins and dynamics of self-evaluative preoccupation
- Identify techniques to reinforce the experiential rather than narrative self
- Specify the three core human motivational systems and how compassion practices serve to balance them
|First 90 minutes
|Last 90 Minutes
This training offers 3 hours of direct contact (not counting breaks or lunch). It is the participant’s responsibility to check with their individual state boards/regulatory body to verify CE requirements for their license to practice.
Attendees of the live broadcast will receive instructions on how to obtain their Certificate of Participation after the course is finished.
Attendees of the on-demand recorded version will need to complete a Post-Webinar Quiz with a pass of at least 80% in order to verify attendance and then receive their Certificate of Participation. On-demand attendees will receive instructions on how to obtain their Certificate of Participation once they have successfully passed the Post-Webinar Quiz at the completion of the webinar.
The Certificate of Participation includes:
- Name of participant.
- Title of training.
- Name of presenter plus their credentials.
- Number of hours of training.
- Date of training.
- Confirmation that showed 100% attendance at the live broadcast or passed a quiz with at least an 80% grade to verify attendance of the on-demand recording.
Please check with your regulatory body/organization to ensure that this certificate is sufficient proof for you to claim CE credits.
Who Should Attend?
- Marriage and Family Therapists
- Clinical and Counselling Psychologists
- Psychiatric Social Workers
- Pastoral Counsellors
- Nurse Practitioners
- Occupational Therapists
- Graduate Students in accredited programs in the above fields
- Case Managers
- Licensed Professional Counsellors
- All other professionals who would like to develop, update or expand their skills and knowledge in mental health practices