Led by Suzanne Iasenza, PhD
This is a 3 hour On Demand Webinar. Access information, resources and CEU information will be available immediately after successful registration and registrants will be given unlimited access to the recording for a full year.
This webinar was originally broadcast live on Friday, September 24, 2021
Already registered for this workshop?
Sex therapy has been a focus for Dr. Iasenza for many years. Her approach helps therapists guide clients facing intimacy challenges by identifying and rewriting conscious and unconscious negative sexual narratives. As a result, clients can reclaim intimacy in their erotic lives.
Dr. Iasenza integrates psychodynamic systems and cognitive behavioural sex therapy techniques to identify relationships between personal, social, cultural and familial sexual narratives.
In this webinar on sex therapy, you will explore how to expand restrictive models of sexual response and how to conduct a relational sexual history. You will also learn how to help clients expand their sexual repertoire.
Case material will illustrate how to integrate this approach to sexual therapy into general couple psychotherapy.
At the end of this workshop, attendees be able to—
- Describe expansive models of sexual response.
- Conduct a relational sexual history.
- Empower clients to create sexual menus to expand their sexual repertoire.
- Help couples use mindfulness to enhance sexual development.
- Integrate sex therapy techniques into couple psychotherapy.
|First 90 minutes|
|Last 90 Minutes|
This training offers 3 hours of direct contact (not counting breaks or lunch). It is the participant’s responsibility to check with their individual state boards/regulatory body to verify CE requirements for their license to practice.
For Attendees of On Demand/Recorded Version
If you cannot verify 100% attendance of the Live Broadcast or if you are watching the On Demand/recorded version of this webinar, you will need to complete a Post-Webinar Quiz with a pass of at least 80% in order to verify your attendance.
For Canadian and International participants
Upon fulfillment of the above requirements, Canadian and international participants will be issued a Certificate of Participation which features:
- Name of Participant
- Title of Training
- Name of Presenter plus their credentials
- Number of hours of training
- Date of training
- Confirmation that you have passed a quiz with at least 80% grade to verify your attendance
Please check carefully with your regulating body/organization that this certificate is sufficient proof for you to claim CEUs.
For general information about Continuing Education for Canadians and International participants, please click here.
Who Should Attend?
This training is aimed at all mental health professionals including:
- Marriage and Family Therapists
- Clinical and Counselling Psychologists
- Psychiatric Social Workers
- Pastoral Counsellors
- Nurse Practitioners
- Occupational Therapists
- Graduate Students in Accredited Programs in the Above Fields
- case managers
- licensed professional counsellors
- all other professionals who would like to develop, update or expand their skills and knowledge in mental health practices
What level of knowledge the attendee should have in this topic?