Led by Marwa Azab, PhD
This is a 3 hour On Demand Webinar. Access information, resources and CEU information will be available immediately after successful registration and registrants will be given unlimited access to the recording for a full year.
This webinar was broadcasted live on Friday, June 10, 2022
Already registered for this workshop?
Since the pandemic began, a new strain of anxiety, fear, and panic has been flooding therapy rooms, one that’s resistant to many established treatments. What’s more, many therapists don’t even recognize the ways in which this new strain of anxiety is directly tied to the recent COVID-19 pandemic. Those who do are playing catch-up, as this new strain has had more than a year to entrench itself.
Developing a new treatment for this new strain of anxiety not only means rethinking decades of research on anxiety disorders, but also creating new, effective, evidence-based strategies and techniques.
In this workshop, you will learn how to recognize and treat pandemic-related anxiety, fear, and panic. We’ll also take a look at:
- stressors specific to the pandemic;
- which groups are at most risk for negative mental health impacts from these stressors;
- the short-term impact of COVID-19 on family caregivers;
- parental burnout;
- the physiology of the autonomic nervous system and its response to stress; and
- the synergy between anxiety and stress.
At the conclusion of the workshop, attendees will be better able to —
- Identify Post-COVID Syndrome and its involvement in the anxiety explosion
- Discuss ways to recognize burnout symptoms across different roles: work and parenting
- Describe ways to catch pathological health anxiety early on, before it morphs into other disorders
- Employ evidence-based strategies to treat pandemic-related anxiety
- Discuss why many patients present existential anxiety
|First 90 minutes|
|Last 90 Minutes|
This training offers 3 hours of direct contact (not counting breaks or lunch). It is the participant’s responsibility to check with their individual state boards/regulatory body to verify CE requirements for their license to practice.
For Attendees of On Demand/Recorded Version
If you cannot verify 100% attendance of the Live Broadcast or if you are watching the On Demand/recorded version of this webinar, you will need to complete a Post-Webinar Quiz with a pass of at least 80% in order to verify your attendance.
For Canadian and International participants
Upon fulfillment of the above requirements, Canadian and international participants will be issued a Certificate of Participation which features:
- Name of Participant
- Title of Training
- Name of Presenter plus their credentials
- Number of hours of training
- Date of training
- Confirmation that you have passed a quiz with at least 80% grade to verify your attendance
Please check carefully with your regulating body/organization that this certificate is sufficient proof for you to claim CEUs.
For general information about Continuing Education for Canadians and International participants, please click here.
Who Should Attend?
This training is aimed at all mental health professionals including:
- Marriage and Family Therapists
- Clinical and Counselling Psychologists
- Psychiatric Social Workers
- Pastoral Counsellors
- Nurse Practitioners
- Occupational Therapists
- Graduate Students in Accredited Programs in the Above Fields
- case managers
- licensed professional counsellors
- all other professionals who would like to develop, update or expand their skills and knowledge in mental health practices
What level of knowledge the attendee should have in this topic?