Led by Bessel van der Kolk, MD and Ron Siegel, PsyD
This is a 3 hour On Demand Webinar. Access information, resources and CEU information will be available immediately after successful registration and registrants will be given unlimited access to the recording for a full year.
This webinar was broadcasted live on Monday, January 24, 2022
Already registered for this workshop?
Of all the disorders for which psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy research shows promise, the most dramatic results to date are found with trauma therapy treatment.
In fact, a Phase III study using MDMA for serious trauma has yielded remarkable results. Reductions in symptoms greatly surpassed what has been seen with other interventions.
How does psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy work to resolve trauma? What are the mechanisms of action this type of trauma therapy illuminates? How can clinicians working in other modalities harness these mechanisms to enhance treatment? How might we cultivate the attitudes that are effective in psychedelic-assisted work without pharmacological assistance?
Join Dr. Bessel Van der Kolk, one of the world’s leading authorities on trauma therapy, and Dr. Ron Siegel, as they explore these questions.
You’ll learn how to help clients safely open to experiences that have been pushed out of awareness to heal trauma. This webinar will be useful to clinicians with or without prior experience in either trauma treatment or psychedelic-assisted therapy.
You will learn—
- What research into psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy can teach us about mechanisms of trauma and its resolution
- How to help clients reintegrate split-off experiences in a way that avoids retraumatization
- Techniques for enhancing safety inside and outside of the clinical hour
- Ways to help clients regulate their nervous system’s response to traumatic memories
- How the holding provided by transpersonal experiences frequently encountered in psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy might be accessed in psychotherapy more broadly
|First 90 minutes|
|Last 90 Minutes|
This training offers 3 hours of direct contact (not counting breaks or lunch). It is the participant’s responsibility to check with their individual state boards/regulatory body to verify CE requirements for their license to practice.
For Attendees of On Demand/Recorded Version
If you cannot verify 100% attendance of the Live Broadcast or if you are watching the On Demand/recorded version of this webinar, you will need to complete a Post-Webinar Quiz with a pass of at least 80% in order to verify your attendance.
For Canadian and International participants
Upon fulfillment of the above requirements, Canadian and international participants will be issued a Certificate of Participation which features:
- Name of Participant
- Title of Training
- Name of Presenter plus their credentials
- Number of hours of training
- Date of training
- Confirmation that you have passed a quiz with at least 80% grade to verify your attendance
Please check carefully with your regulating body/organization that this certificate is sufficient proof for you to claim CEUs.
For general information about Continuing Education for Canadians and International participants, please click here.
Who Should Attend?
This training is aimed at all mental health professionals including:
- Marriage and Family Therapists
- Clinical and Counselling Psychologists
- Psychiatric Social Workers
- Pastoral Counsellors
- Nurse Practitioners
- Occupational Therapists
- Graduate Students in Accredited Programs in the Above Fields
- case managers
- licensed professional counsellors
- all other professionals who would like to develop, update or expand their skills and knowledge in mental health practices
What level of knowledge the attendee should have in this topic?