This 6-hour on-demand webinar led by Stephen Sideroff, PhD, was originally broadcast live on November 16-17, 2023.
Access information, handouts/resources, and continuing education credits information will be available immediately after successful registration. All registrants receive unlimited access to the recording for 365 days.
Psychotherapists have always been specialists in helping stressed out clients. But these days, stress seems to be a growing epidemic.
Psychologist Dr. Stephen Sideroff brings over 40 years of experience as researcher, clinician, professor, trainer, and consultant, and provides a comprehensive model of resilience and optimal functioning that can be integrated into your practice.
The core of this workshop revolves around Dr. Sideroff’s 9-Pillar model called “The Path” that helps clients overcome old, ineffective ways of thinking and improve their resilience. The model helps people deal with painful emotions and unfinished business, be more present in their lives, and feel more contentment with life.
In addition, Dr. Sideroff’s model provides an innovative approach to handling anxiety, stress, and stress-related symptoms, including those arising from autonomic dysregulation.
Therapists and clinicians will gain valuable tools to guide their client’s development across each of the 9 Resilience Pillars. Beyond understanding “The Path,” this workshop will address structural factors, such as evolutionary and developmental mismatches in adaptation mechanisms, which contribute to physical and emotional dysregulation, stress, and pain.
The benefits of this workshop extend to addressing physical and emotional symptoms while breaking through personal blocks that hinder success, ultimately optimizing overall health. A valuable tool called the Resilience Questionnaire will be taught to participants for quick assessment of a person’s Resilience Profile across the nine pillars of the model.
- Identify and describe the nine components of the comprehensive model of resilience and success.
- Assess one’s level of resilience along these nine dimensions using the Resilience Profile.
- Identify and address two evolutionary and developmental mismatches resulting in impaired organismic adaptability.
- Describe a tool that can be used for developing each of the nine dimensions of resilience.
- Understand the resistance clients and others have in dealing with their stress.
- Use the construct of “The Path” to support the commitment to developing greater resilience and to avoid feeling overwhelmed by stress.
|First 90 minutes|
|Last 90 Minutes|
|First 90 minutes|
|Last 90 Minutes|
This training offers 6 hours of direct contact (not counting breaks or lunch). It is the participant’s responsibility to check with their individual state boards/regulatory body to verify CE requirements for their license to practice.
Attendees of the live broadcast will receive instructions on how to obtain their Certificate of Participation after the course is finished.
Attendees of the on-demand recorded version will need to complete a Post-Webinar Quiz with a pass of at least 80% in order to verify attendance and then receive their Certificate of Participation. On-demand attendees will receive instructions on how to obtain their Certificate of Participation once they have successfully passed the Post-Webinar Quiz at the completion of the webinar.
The Certificate of Participation includes:
- Name of participant.
- Title of training.
- Name of presenter plus their credentials.
- Number of hours of training.
- Date of training.
- Confirmation that showed 100% attendance at the live broadcast or passed a quiz with at least an 80% grade to verify attendance of the on-demand recording.
Please check with your regulatory body/organization to ensure that this certificate is sufficient proof for you to claim CE credits.
Who Should Attend?
- Marriage and Family Therapists
- Clinical and Counselling Psychologists
- Psychiatric Social Workers
- Pastoral Counsellors
- Nurse Practitioners
- Occupational Therapists
- Graduate Students in accredited programs in the above fields
- Case Managers
- Licensed Professional Counsellors
- All other professionals who would like to develop, update or expand their skills and knowledge in mental health practices