This is a 3 hour On Demand Webinar. Access information, resources and CEU information will be available immediately after successful registration and registrants will be given unlimited access to the recording for a full year.
This webinar was broadcasted live on Thursday, January 6, 2022
Already registered for this workshop?
Psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy is showing promise for conditions ranging from treatment-resistant depression, major depression, and PTSD to end-of life anxiety and addictions. Maladaptive personality traits are often diminished while valued attributes such as social connectedness and empathy show sustained improvement. The way these medicines are used and the therapeutic context that maximizes their healing potential are a radical departure from traditional psychiatric treatment. It’s a departure that can help us reimagine psychiatry as a healing art.
This workshop draws on knowledge from traditional psychoanalytic technique, meditation practice, intersubjective relational work as well as certain indigenous healing practices. It will present a novel psychotherapeutic approach that can complement and leverage psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy healing.
Join Dr. Gita Vaid—a psychiatrist, psychoanalyst, and expert in ketamine-assisted psychotherapy—and Dr. Ron Siegel—a psychologist with experience integrating mindfulness and compassion practices into therapy—to explore this paradigm shift in healing. You’ll learn how psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy activates intrinsic healing potentials for repair and correction, fosters integration of self states, improves resilience, and allows for enhanced creative expression and growth.
Through discussion and case-vignettes, we’ll explore ketamine-assisted psychotherapy, the transformational process, and their implications for psychotherapy and the deployment of expanded states of consciousness for discovery, exploration, healing, and growth.
You will learn—
- How psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy heals
- The dynamics of the psychedelic-assisted treatment process
- Implications of psychedelic-assisted pyrotherapy for other forms of treatment
- The many functions of the psychotherapist in psychedelic-assisted treatment
- How to prepare patients for psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy and help them integrate the experience afterward
- The varied applications of psychedelic-assisted treatment
|First 90 minutes|
|Last 90 Minutes|
This training offers 3 hours of direct contact (not counting breaks or lunch). It is the participant’s responsibility to check with their individual state boards/regulatory body to verify CE requirements for their license to practice.
For Attendees of On Demand/Recorded Version
If you cannot verify 100% attendance of the Live Broadcast or if you are watching the On Demand/recorded version of this webinar, you will need to complete a Post-Webinar Quiz with a pass of at least 80% in order to verify your attendance.
For Canadian and International participants
Upon fulfillment of the above requirements, Canadian and international participants will be issued a Certificate of Participation which features:
- Name of Participant
- Title of Training
- Name of Presenter plus their credentials
- Number of hours of training
- Date of training
- Confirmation that you have passed a quiz with at least 80% grade to verify your attendance
Please check carefully with your regulating body/organization that this certificate is sufficient proof for you to claim CEUs.
For general information about Continuing Education for Canadians and International participants, please click here.
Who Should Attend?
This training is aimed at all mental health professionals including:
- Marriage and Family Therapists
- Clinical and Counselling Psychologists
- Psychiatric Social Workers
- Pastoral Counsellors
- Nurse Practitioners
- Occupational Therapists
- Graduate Students in Accredited Programs in the Above Fields
- case managers
- licensed professional counsellors
- all other professionals who would like to develop, update or expand their skills and knowledge in mental health practices
What level of knowledge the attendee should have in this topic?